Wheel sealants

Started by Gaz mr-s, May 16, 2021, 21:28

Gaz mr-s

If you have any helpful knowledge, please share. If you don't, walk on by....

I bought a new set of wheels last year but wasn't in a rush to buy tyres. I also planned on applying a sealant to ward off muck & brake dust. I've previously used Poor Boys pink stuff, but it was laborious to apply, & had to be buffed afterwards.

When I got the new wheels I looked on the web for a recommended one.  Wonder Wheels was winner it read, & in aerosol form, - perfect for a lazy sod that prefers driving to cleaning.  ;)

So I bought some last year & sprayed one wheel.

Now it's tyre-fitting time. The wheels have been kept in their boxes.  It was immediately obvious which wheel had been sprayed with WW, 3 feel slippery-metal cool, & the 4th is almost tacky. Rather than repelling dirt, I think it's going to stick to it.... >:(

Has anybody used Wonder Wheels & found it works, or has anyone used something else that works well?

Ardent

I was going to say, chemical guys wheel guard.

I liked it when I had some. Just looked it up and is now green, the stuff I used was orange.

Did not stop the wheels getting dirty, but was very easy when it came to cleaning. Brake dust removed with little effort.
But as I say, they have changed the product since I last used. I now just use the same wax as the body.

s12vea

I use poorboys wheel sealer (pink paste) but as ardent said above normal polish and wax works just as well
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Iain

Yep, i just wax mine, found it to be the quickest and easiest way

cptspaulding

I recently did mine with gtechniq C5.

Effing laborious again, but I have fancy wheels & it takes me longer to wach them than it does the rest of the car. I thought I'd give this a shot. Sadly I've yet to clean the car since so I can't say yet how good/bad it is.

If you're feeling impatient to know, you're very welcome to pop round in the meantime with a sponge & a bucket  ;)
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

Gaz mr-s

Well I'll be sure to if I'm in the neighbourhood.....

cptspaulding

@Gaz mr-s

Finally got round to washing the car.

That Gtechniq C5 is good stuff. Brake dust & road grime washed off very easily. The wheels are still a pita to clean just due to the pattern of them, too many nooks & crannies but that C5 stuff worked well.
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

Gaz mr-s

Cool.  I'm a fan of Meguiars stuff....plumped for one of there's.  Got it, peeled back label to reveal instructions. "Apply onto body work then use a hose to spread over surface"  Well that's not gonna work on wheels...... doh.

Tags: