K Swap - Dash Lights On Without Key

Started by lukeydoo, May 22, 2021, 16:32

lukeydoo

One step forward and two steps back!

My dashlights are illuminated as if the key in the ON position, but the key isn't even in the ignition. When it is actually in the ON position, the lights are noticeably brighter. I haven't tried to start the car yet. When I try the wipers, the dash lights go out if the key is not in the ON position - it's like there's a small amount of power there that shouldn't be.
Help!

I bought a used interior loom, could there be some difference in interior looms causing this?

Carolyn

Quote from: lukeydoo on May 22, 2021, 16:32One step forward and two steps back!

My dashlights are illuminated as if the key in the ON position, but the key isn't even in the ignition. When it is actually in the ON position, the lights are noticeably brighter. I haven't tried to start the car yet. When I try the wipers, the dash lights go out if the key is not in the ON position - it's like there's a small amount of power there that shouldn't be.
Help!

I bought a used interior loom, could there be some difference in interior looms causing this?

Poor common earth from the dash?
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

lukeydoo

I've tidied the earth up and checked its connect to bare metal, but I'll give it another go.

Tags: