Stoptech Sport (formerly street) brake pads, any good?

Started by JB21, June 24, 2021, 09:55

JB21

Need a new set of rear pads for my upcoming track day at Anglesey, and as I have £50 credit with Tegiwa I'm looking to purchase a set of these.

Looks like these are formerly Stoptech street pads, maybe they've just rebranded the street, without a compound change?

I'll be using these in conjunction with Carbotech RP2's in the front, which I know will be quite a difference in bias, but I just cant afford a set of new Carbotech's currently. I could go with EBC yellows, as previously used but Tegiwa don't sell them so would have to pay full whack elsewhere, as I wouldn't be able to use up my credit.

Anyone got any experience with Stoptech street or sport pads?

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/stoptech-sport-brake-pads-rear-toyota-mr2-w30-00-07.html

thetyrant

Ive heard they are ok and with the RP2 in front doing most of the work the Stoptech should hang on ok in rear, certainly be better than EBC!   your RP2 pads are sat here waiting on TNT collection and should be with you tomorrow :D

Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

JB21

Quote from: thetyrant on June 24, 2021, 11:24Ive heard they are ok and with the RP2 in front doing most of the work the Stoptech should hang on ok in rear, certainly be better than EBC!   your RP2 pads are sat here waiting on TNT collection and should be with you tomorrow :D

Cheers Iain, cant wait to try the RP2's.

Tags: