Yes, here we go again!

Started by Chilli Girl, June 30, 2021, 13:52

Petrus

Quote from: JB21 on July  2, 2021, 08:47Is your 2zz, fully braced, full poly bushed, solid engine mounts, single seat, carpets removed, custom loud exhaust, custom header, sports cat?

As I already wrote; all is relative: by all means you ´win´. if you need to. Congrats!
Still remains what I observe: it is not a tourer, it is not a people carrier, it is not a luggage hauler, it is not a mileage champion. Enjoy what it ís. Much like all of life. Wabi-sabi. So, have a great day; A3VT!

The Other Stu

Quote from: JB21 on July  2, 2021, 09:09
Quote from: The Other Stu on July  2, 2021, 08:59
Quote from: JB21 on July  2, 2021, 08:47Is your 2zz, fully braced, full poly bushed, solid engine mounts, single seat, carpets removed, custom loud exhaust, custom header, sports cat?
That just sounds horrendous ;D
Track cars and motorways aren't really compatible are they.

One thing I've realised is how much nicer my #1 car is with sound deadening on the doors. Makes a huge difference.
Has full acoustic deadening (which on total probably weighs less than 500g, so hardly going to notice it on the track). Stuck to the inside of the door.

Contemplating sound deadening myself mate, as you say its horrendous in anything longer than a quick road blast. On track is a different story as I wear ear plugs and a helmet.

Got a link the the sound deadening?
Some of this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015RI9YO2/
No Longer Here

JB21

Quote from: Petrus on July  2, 2021, 09:17

As I already wrote; all is relative: by all means you ´win´. if you need to. Congrats!
Still remains what I observe: it is not a tourer, it is not a people carrier, it is not a luggage hauler, it is not a mileage champion. Enjoy what it ís. Much like all of life. Wabi-sabi. So, have a great day; A3VT!

Once again you start something with these outlandish statements, then get all offended when I merely state facts. For a gentleman in his autumn years, you really do have a petulant side.

Bernie

The crux of the matter is we all own and drive these cars to suit ourselves and our wants and needs

Jane obviously loves the 2 and if it's not doing what makes her happy then it's her choice to move it on and get one that ticks the box for her

Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Zxrob

Quote from: JB21 on July  2, 2021, 08:24I can understand your frustration, mine at 70mph sits at over 4k rpm. Fully stripped too, its like someone is screaming at you from behind the seats. Long journeys are horrible, I have to wear headphones at full blast to even have a chance of sanity on arrival.

Mine is de-cat and loud, I love the sound when it hits the sweet spot, I'm lucky as mine is a B road weekend blaster, I doubt I could tolerate it as a daily, I would certainly be looking for something more subtle

Rob
Adventure before dementia 😁

JB21

Quote from: Zxrob on July  2, 2021, 12:14
Quote from: JB21 on July  2, 2021, 08:24I can understand your frustration, mine at 70mph sits at over 4k rpm. Fully stripped too, its like someone is screaming at you from behind the seats. Long journeys are horrible, I have to wear headphones at full blast to even have a chance of sanity on arrival.

Mine is de-cat and loud, I love the sound when it hits the sweet spot, I'm lucky as mine is a B road weekend blaster, I doubt I could tolerate it as a daily, I would certainly be looking for something more subtle

Rob

Christ I couldn't daily mine, no way! I've got a 330d M-Sport auto for the daily duties. Its a proper waft machine, polar opposite to the MR2.

Petrus

Quote from: JB21 on July  2, 2021, 12:35I've got a 330d M-Sport auto for the daily duties.

If you promise to move over on the twisties I promise you will not need to sit on my rear bumper on the highway.... ;-)

@Chilli Girl  try see it as your motorbike. That too is great fun and inherently compromised transport becaúse of that. Do look up wabi-sabi and then in particular the sabi bit. Your´s has patina, ádded value :-)

Tags: