Speedo not working.

Started by AJRFulton, June 30, 2021, 18:51

AJRFulton

One of the wheel speed sensors was very obviously broken, so replaced both (bastard of a job!)

However speedo is still not working. No fuses appear blown. What else could it be?

My lift has stopped engaging since speedo failed, and it's still not engaging.

JB21

Happened to mine when part of the ECU blew when hooking jump leads up. On mine you could clearly see a burn mark on the ECU where it had popped.

tommyzoom99

Quote from: AJRFulton on June 30, 2021, 18:51One of the wheel speed sensors was very obviously broken, so replaced both (bastard of a job!)

However speedo is still not working. No fuses appear blown. What else could it be?

the speedo uses the abs sensors, so maybe one of them has died happened to me before.

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

AJRFulton

Quote from: tommyzoom99 on July  1, 2021, 09:05
Quote from: AJRFulton on June 30, 2021, 18:51One of the wheel speed sensors was very obviously broken, so replaced both (bastard of a job!)

the speedo uses the abs sensors, so maybe one of them has died happened to me before.

cheers tommy

Which I just replaced. One had been obviously damaged replacing a wheel bearing (rubber mallet related accident), which was when the speedo stopped working intermittently. I don't really use the speedo so just left it, but this is also when all my lift issues started.

Car doesn't have ABS anymore, I deleted it a couple of years back.

AJRFulton

Quote from: JB21 on July  1, 2021, 08:05Happened to mine when part of the ECU blew when hooking jump leads up. On mine you could clearly see a burn mark on the ECU where it had popped.

I'm using the Apexi FC. It seems to be working fine.

JB21

Quote from: AJRFulton on July  1, 2021, 09:35
Quote from: JB21 on July  1, 2021, 08:05Happened to mine when part of the ECU blew when hooking jump leads up. On mine you could clearly see a burn mark on the ECU where it had popped.

I'm using the Apexi FC. It seems to be working fine.

Sounds like wiring then, follow it back from the speed sensors. Regarding no lift, check the OCV filter(s) even slightly clogged and the ECU with cut lift. If clean, then check the OCVL (lift control valve) works as it should. Mine was intermittent for months before it gave up.

AJRFulton

It's a newly built engine. All parts involved in lift are new.

It's the third engine I've had lift issues on. I'm getting continuity on the wiring as well 😕

Tags: