Wierd "wandering" sensation

Started by Anonymous, May 9, 2005, 10:15

Anonymous

Hi,

I've had my X reg 2000 MR2 for about a month now.

One thing that I have noticed is that it occasionally it gives me the sensation that it is "wondering" around the road slightly and I have to fight/correct it.  I don't mean that it is tramlining, I am talking about completely flat roads at a steady speed.  The steering wheel doesn't get pulled particularly it just seems to veer left and right (very very slightly).  It is so slight it is more of a sensation than a definite thing.

Someone I spoke to said this is a known issue with the early ones.  Is this true?

I did a search but couldn't find anything on this.

Thanks.

markiii

later ones will be better due tomore bracing.

however being an x you will also lack oany of teh rubber bits under teh bumper and infront of teh wheels that help divert teh airflow away from teh wheels.

Biggest issue though is liekly tobe alignment and tyres.

what tyres are you running and what pressures?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Liz

When mine felt like this I had had a suspension strut go.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for your help.  The tyres are Yokohama's and the pressures are set exactly as marked in the glove compartment (not sure what that is - i'll go and have a look later).

I wonder now with Liz mentioning the suspension if this is part of another bigger issue I am having with the car.  Please see the other thread for details "Ugly noise when braking - What a saga!"

Thanks,
Matt.

roger

Yes, 2 + 2 =4 for a change. I reckon Liz has cracked it. Go back to the garage and offer them appropriate words of advice   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

markiii

and remember if ti si that. struts need changing in pairs
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Liz

Yes, I had to remind my dealer about the pairs issue!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

aaronjb

Quote from: "Liz"Yes, I had to remind my dealer about the pairs issue!

Sometimes it surprises me they've never accidentally shipped a car with no engine..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Mine started feeling very "uncertain" with worn (2-3mm) Yokos on it.  So much so that my wife refused to drive it.  Putting 4 new Goodyears on it transformed it back to it's old self.  Better, even  s:) :) s:)

Jap GT300

Cars always fell nice with a new set of rubber

Anonymous

Got my 2001 MR2 yesterday and noticed the car a bit floaty sometimes. Took the car to the Air Pump and the tyre pressures were all over the place.

Put the rears to 32 psi and the fronts to 26psi and the drive seems so much better,.

Tags: