Exhaust Spring Bolt Thread Size

Started by Zspeed, August 23, 2021, 20:33

Zspeed

Hi, can anyone advise what the standard Spring Bolt Thread size is so i can get some nuts sorted?  I have an exhaust swap to do but the replacement does not have the captive nuts i can see are on the standard exhaust.

Tried a search but struggling

TIA
Mostly Silver 04 Roadster. 2zz MAF, Decat Manifold, Zero Sports Cat Pipe.

Ardent

Is it a mailian by any chance?
If you have no captive nut to match up to. Could you not just source some fresh matching nuts n bolts/sets.

I have the a spring bolt in the garage but but no idea as to read the thread pitch etc.

Carolyn

Quote from: Zspeed on August 23, 2021, 20:33Hi, can anyone advise what the standard Spring Bolt Thread size is so i can get some nuts sorted?  I have an exhaust swap to do but the replacement does not have the captive nuts i can see are on the standard exhaust.

Tried a search but struggling

TIA

M12x 1.25
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Zspeed

Thanks, someone has offered to send me some spare bolts, springs and nuts they have.

@Ardent not Malian, it's a second hand eBay item. Spec seems good but the guy appeared straight so fingers crossed it will all be back together at the weekend. If you are about the south mids group have got a Northampton based run on the morning of the 29th. I'm hoping to stretch legs there.

Carolyn

Quote from: Zspeed on August 24, 2021, 10:50Thanks, someone has offered to send me some spare bolts, springs and nuts they have.

@Ardent not Malian, it's a second hand eBay item. Spec seems good but the guy appeared straight so fingers crossed it will all be back together at the weekend. If you are about the south mids group have got a Northampton based run on the morning of the 29th. I'm hoping to stretch legs there.
I never heard about that run out, please tell more (I'm in Northants).

The Other Stu

Quote from: Carolyn on August 24, 2021, 11:28
Quote from: Zspeed on August 24, 2021, 10:50Thanks, someone has offered to send me some spare bolts, springs and nuts they have.

It's on FaceyB. I've invited you into the group (dunno if it's a splinter group - People's Judean Front etc.)
No Longer Here

Carolyn

Quote from: The Other Stu on August 24, 2021, 12:14

It's on FaceyB. I've invited you into the group (dunno if it's a splinter group - People's Judean Front etc.)

Ah -I've been the butt of some very bad behaviour on FB MR2, so I don't go there anymore.

Turns out Jon Gott is coming here for an engine on Saturday, so I'll miss it anyway!

The Other Stu

Quote from: Carolyn on August 24, 2021, 12:19

Ah -I've been the butt of some very bad behaviour on FB MR2, so I don't go there anymore.

Turns out Jon Gott is coming here for an engine on Saturday, so I'll miss it anyway!

Yeah, it's not that group. It's a branch off MR2DC I believe (who are generally a nice group - much like this forum - it's genuine enthusiasts).
No Longer Here

Zspeed

Chap called Steve Tudor.  It's Sunday if that makes a difference. 10.30 at the raunds services but best to let steve know I guess if you are about. Think 10 or so cars so far.

Carolyn

Quote from: Zspeed on August 24, 2021, 13:32

Chap called Steve Tudor.  It's Sunday if that makes a difference. 10.30 at the raunds services but best to let steve know I guess if you are about. Think 10 or so cars so far.

Thanks for the update.  I have no way of contacting Steve...

Zspeed

Quote from: Carolyn on August 24, 2021, 14:09

Would you like to come? I can forward details to an email address and let him know. I can check but I understand it is the more the merrier

Carolyn

Quote from: Zspeed on August 24, 2021, 16:15

Would you like to come? I can forward details to an email address and let him know. I can check but I understand it is the more the merrier

That's very kind of you.  Yes a run out would be lovely.

Zspeed

Quote from: Carolyn on August 24, 2021, 16:58
Quote from: Zspeed on August 24, 2021, 16:15

That's very kind of you.  Yes a run out would be lovely.

Sorry, it looks like I have jumped in quickly. Steve said he has no more room due to venue limits. Might be worth joining just to follow the events as most will be in your/our area. You don't have to be public to be in the group. It's private group to keep things discreet.

Will try and let you know sooner when another comes up

Carolyn

Thanks for your efforts. Never mind.

Ardent

Bit late to this.
But Sundays are invariably committed.

Thanks for the offer.

Ardent

Zspeed

Ardent

The fish, will likely still be there the week after.

The chance to meet up with owners of gods own favorite drop top............

Just saying ;)

The Other Stu

Quote from: Zspeed on August 24, 2021, 19:13Sorry, it looks like I have jumped in quickly. Steve said he has no more room due to venue limits. Might be worth joining just to follow the events as most will be in your/our area. You don't have to be public to be in the group. It's private group to keep things discreet.

Will try and let you know sooner when another comes up
Odd. He never responded to me, despite asking me to dm him my email.
No Longer Here

Carolyn

Correction!  My apologies, @Zspeed

M10 x 1.25.

Zspeed

Quote from: Carolyn on August 25, 2021, 11:30Correction!  My apologies, @Zspeed

M10 x 1.25.

Thanks. I think that's the same as the manifold to cat. Makes sense.

Zspeed

Quote from: Ardent on August 24, 2021, 21:15@Zspeed

If you are now up and running. Don't forget
@Carolyn s meet.
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=71458.0;topicseen

Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately I am running a work event of my own for a few days starting the 12th. I would
Certainly be interested in other get together in the area, particularly after reading about @Carolyn 's braces and strut bars. I assume some one around here is using one or both and would be keen to add to my car as it develops.

Tags: