Wiper Blade Changing?

Started by Anonymous, May 10, 2005, 09:59

Anonymous

Having searched i can't find anything on this so......how does one change a windscreen wiper blade on the car - i bought some new ones as the old ones have dis-integrated!

THanks in advance

kanujunkie

when i had mine done yesterday they just changed the rubber blade and not the carrier part, cost £4.75
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I just went to HalFRAUDS and bought the Bosch ones at £12 for the pair which included the carrier, apparently they are good, can't be any worse ha ha

Tem

Quote from: "bigun007"I just went to HalFRAUDS and bought the Bosch ones at £12 for the pair which included the carrier, apparently they are good, can't be any worse ha ha

Don't throw the stock frame away  s;) ;) s;)  Those aftermarket ones tend to have their issues and many curse later, cause they trashed the stock ones.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Jap GT300

Does anyone know what manufacturer's supply the blades with built in washers?

I have a flush frp bonnet   s8) 8) s8)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Does anyone know what manufacturer's supply the blades with built in washers?

I have a flush frp bonnet   s8) 8) s8)

tre cool bonnet,
can't you make one yourself, take some pipe, blank the end, attach it to the wiper and drill some carefully lined up holes in the tube, you may need to splice in a section of more flexible pipe and the base of the arm, try useing model aircraft fuel pipe as its more like rubber than normal pipeing and would flex better
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tem

Over here many have bought the Citroen BX system from dismantlers as they are next to nothing. It has a hose on/in the blade and it's a single wiper system as well, seems to be very popular among appearance tuners  s8) 8) s8)

aaronjb

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "bigun007"I just went to HalFRAUDS and bought the Bosch ones at £12 for the pair which included the carrier, apparently they are good, can't be any worse ha ha

Don't throw the stock frame away  s;) ;) s;)  Those aftermarket ones tend to have their issues and many curse later, cause they trashed the stock ones.

I have those on mine - working wonderfully at the moment..

Never had the stock arms though, the previous owner had already put Bosch ones on (either that or the stock arms are made by Bosch..)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "Tem"

I have those on mine - working wonderfully at the moment..

Never had the stock arms though, the previous owner had already put Bosch ones on (either that or the stock arms are made by Bosch..)

Lol so any idea how they are fitted?

Jap GT300

Quote from: "Tem"Over here many have bought the Citroen BX system from dismantlers as they are next to nothing. It has a hose on/in the blade and it's a single wiper system as well, seems to be very popular among appearance tuners  s8) 8) s8)

I'll give it a go.  I don't know how the single wiper thing will work though.

kanujunkie

why not drop an e-mail to Bandoh, they're cars have a single wiper system, maybe they can give you some idea's
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Go to Halfords and get them to fit them, only cost a couple of quid  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Just to mention there is a single wiper conversion on Ebay for £75 atm

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bowman"Go to Halfords and get them to fit them, only cost a couple of quid  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

That's cheating  s;) ;) s;)

aaronjb

Quote from: "bigun007"Lol so any idea how they are fitted?

They just kinda.. clipped in  s:D :D s:D  Honest, it seemed reasonably obvious once you pull the old ones off, how the new ones went on.. IYSWIM  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Anonymous

Ah ha...If You See What I Mean!

Took me ages to figure that one out......bloody TXTlish  s:P :P s:P

TommyD

I had this very problem 2 weeks ago. I also got some of those Bosch ones - and work nicely they do too.
It is actually very simple to change and only takes 5 mins.
First you have to lift the old blade and arm out from the window, then rotate the old wiper blade arm about 180 degrees. You will find there is a sort of hook in the end of the metal arm attaching the blade fitting. Just push this through the old blade remove and replace with the new blade. Rotate the blade back round and hey presto. Don't worry it took me ages when I first got them. I just couldn't work it out and even took the new ones back to the shop.

Tom
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

aaronjb

Quote from: "bigun007"bloody TXTlish  s:P :P s:P

I think you'll find IYSWIM predates Text messages by several years  s;) ;) s;)  It is a 'net acronym, though..

Still, you got a much better description of how to put them on than I gave now  s:) :) s:)

Tem

Quote from: "TommyD"I had this very problem 2 weeks ago. I also got some of those Bosch ones - and work nicely they do too.

Let us know how they are doing after a year  s;) ;) s;)

Local car parts store has three labels, Bosch, Champion and some 3rd one I never remember. The problem is that they don't seem to hold up for a year and I don't even use them that much  s:? :? s:?  The Toyota inserts seem to be just fine for up to 5 years, so in the end they are a lot cheaper as well  s8) 8) s8)

(I know it's not a big deal, neither for time or money, but I still don't like the replacement ones)

Anonymous

Well its bloody easy!!

Just push the spring and they push down the retaining arm and its off!!

Anyway the Bosch are SO good and SO quiet!

Thumbs up

TommyD

Not worth paying £2 to halfords for!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Tags: