Precat Gutting Meet Saturday 11th June

Started by markiii, May 10, 2005, 12:17

markiii

Ok heres the plan following discussion here  m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6076 m

I'm starting a new thread for discussion about this day in particular.

I'm in Welwyn Hertfordshire, directions will be PMed to those attending nearer the time.

Start Time will be 9am for breakfast.

You will need;

1. Gaskets! to replace those between the cat and the manifold (you need 2)

Part number is T90917-06065

2. Donation to club funds. No need to go nuts but a small donation would be appreciated.

3. Beer, Self explanatory, for yours truly to consume on the Sunday when snoozing bruised and bleeding from the day before  :-) :-) :-)

4. Penetrating oil. To loosen those nasty studs and bolts.  Please douse the 02 sensor threads, manifold and manifold/cat studs liberally the week before.

Heatshields don't have to be off when you arrive, but if your taking them off the week before anyway you may as well leave it off, it will save time ion the day.

With regards to difference on post 03 cars.

there are 2.

1. The bracket that attaches teh manifold to the block now has 4 bolts rather than 2.

2. On 03 and later the revised suspension braces obstruct access to this bracket. You can't get teh breaker bar in. The way around this is to remove the manifold from the bracket rather than teh bracket from teh engine block.

So it doesn't really cause a problem, it just takes a little longer as getting to teh manifold to bracket bolts is a little more of a pain.

Kanjunkie started this so he is obviously on the list. Generally speaking we won't get more than 8 or 9 max done in a day.

So post quick if you want in.

Attendee list;

1. Kanjunkie
2. Comer
3. Roadsterboy
4. Mr 2
5. Roger
6. Simon C
7. MrsMR2
8. Darth Paul
9. Ernie Ball

Reserve List

1. Jono & Emma
2. Mr Barney (Not reserv, hold place on next run)
3. Doony
4. Richbay
5. Leggy
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Comer

Count me in.  I know where to go and I'll have the heatshield off (for a respray).

Cheers Mark, any particular beer?   s:D :D s:D
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Hi Mark,

Cound me in please.  If there's anything else you would like bringing then just give me a shout.

Cheers.

Anonymous

Count me in too!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Likewise - if there's anything you'd like me to bring tool-wise let me know too!

Will we need any other parts? Studs / bolts, etc..., in case anything snaps?

And as Comer (Michael) said - any preference on Beer???  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

By the way, thanks again Mark for arranging this de-cat meet!  s8) 8) s8)

Liz

If I bring some food goodies with me, can I pop by?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

markiii

Liz, always welcome with or without food   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

beer, as long as it's lager, not australian, you can't go far wrong.

Stella, Kronenburg, bud, carlsberg, Coors, e.t c will be fine  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

roger

Mark, I've decided to fall off the fence! Please add me in.

I am still worried about not being able to release one of the O2 sensors, or more importantly any damage that might be done in attempting it.

My only suggestions are

1. Doing it when the manifold comes off the car, or
2. Would the sensor be damaged if we gutted with it in place?

Your thoughts would be appreciated, together with any fall back plans if it all goes horribly wrong.

roger
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

SimonC_Here

Yes please!

markiii

best bet is do it off the car where we can a good grip onit. As long as we can get one out we can get teh manifold off.

Cutting with it in place is a no no, the sensor will be destroyed.

If sean can assist I'll get a spare manifold for teh day in case we get any issues.

mrsmr2

Ok, after more agonising decision making, count me in please.

Thanks

Jason
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

roger

Quote from: "markiii"best bet is do it off the car where we can a good grip onit. As long as we can get one out we can get the manifold off.

Cutting with it in place is a no no, the sensor will be destroyed.

If sean can assist I'll get a spare manifold for the day in case we get any issues.

Thanks Mark. The RH one comes off OK, so I can get the heat shield etc off. If we have a standby manifold that would be great.

By the way, I'll bring the PROPER beer, you know that warm brown stuff   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

SimonC_Here

Bit of a fast post the one above, just wanted to get in!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I would just like to say that I too appreciate you giving up your drive, time and blood for the benefit of the less mechanically minded like me.   s:) :) s:)  

Simon

roger

Mark

Just noticed Darth Paul was an early joiner on the other thread, but not on your list.

Thanks for all your work - look forward to Chris' home cooking again   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Roger
Roger

heathstimpson

I'll try and pop in too on my way to my nightshift. I can pick up the armrests then  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

markiii

no probs

Darth Paul

Yep, I'll be there mit bier.

markiii

tell you what Paul, how about one favour for another? Fancy making me a set of those speaker rings on teh day? since youdid such a good job on yours?
  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Darth Paul

Quote from: "markiii"tell you what Paul, how about one favour for another? Fancy making me a set of those speaker rings on the day? since youdid such a good job on yours?
  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Kein problem. We are supposed to be speaking German now, right?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Ernie Ball

Thanks so much for organising this, Mark.

I'm going to try to book a ferry (coming from Dublin) so count me in.

A couple of questions:

1) Any reasonable place to buy/install car audio in the vicinity?  Prices in Ireland are insane, so maybe I'll take advantage while I'm over there.

2) I'm a little concerned that the bolts on the manifold look fairly well rusted (my '2 was lying up on a farm for over a year before I bought it).  Should I be buying a new set of bolts and, if so, any idea what I should be asking for?

Thanks again.

markiii

Ernie,

There are some good audio place aroud here but being down south prices could be better.

If your going to be in the country a few days it may be worth travelling to one if you want it fitted. If you only want to get good prices and are happy to fit it yourself, you can order cheaply onlne and have it delivered to me if that helps. You can then collect on the 11th.

Anonymous

Room for one more Markiii???   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Jono

markiii

Based on uptake so far I think we are going to struggle to get through more than 9 in one day.

I am therefore going to start a reservce list and if anyone drops out I'll add a reserve in, if no one drops out teh reserve list will from teh basis of the next gutting meet, which may well be the beginning of July at thsi rate  :-) :-) :-)

Ernie Ball

Ferry booked!

Really looking forward to it.  I hope you'll all indulge my newbie questions (saves me having to ask them here).

Anonymous

Wow, that filled up fast!

Interested in the next one (July?) if it happens.  I would like to be a reserve, but I am at a wedding reception that evening and I don't think it would go down well if I turned up covered in oil and minus several bits of skin.

kanujunkie

OMG  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   i don't log on for a couple of hours and the subject at hand goes mad, glad my names already on the list, BIG CHEERS Mark! guess you wont be buying any beer this year at this rate or is there something else thats your favourite tipple?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: