Precat Gutting Meet Saturday 11th June

Started by markiii, May 10, 2005, 12:17

markiii

ROFL

I just broke the news to Chris that we are doing another in July, she took it quite well considering  :-) :-) :-)

I have been known to be partial to a nice drop of red wine if you fancy being different  s;-) ;-) s;-)

If anyone has a preference to July rather than June shout up as I won't object to a slightly more manageable number on the day.

9 really is the most we will get through.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

Mark, do you want us to bring any tools with us??
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

nope tis in hand, I went shopping yesterday  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Damn, I can't believe I've managed to miss out on getting onto another pre-cat gutting meet  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "aaronjb"Damn, I can't believe I've managed to miss out on getting onto another pre-cat gutting meet  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   s:) :) s:)

come along anyway Aaron, not far for you anyway
[size=100]Stu[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "aaronjb"Damn, I can't believe I've managed to miss out on getting onto another pre-cat gutting meet  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   s:) :) s:)

I'm not sure Mark has space down his road for another '2..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  But if he has, I shall (assuming I'm not oop north at the time) - Mark?

I'd even be happy to assist with the work  s:) :) s:)  Heck, I can even bring my own tools  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Anonymous

Does gutting the pre-cats change the noise from the exhaust?

I did a search but its hard to find the right search string so turned nothing up  s:( :( s:(

kanujunkie

Quote from: "bigun007"Does gutting the pre-cats change the noise from the exhaust?

I did a search but its hard to find the right search string so turned nothing up  s:( :( s:(

speak to Liz, she keeps on going on about popping noises coming from behind  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"Does gutting the pre-cats change the noise from the exhaust?

speak to Liz, she keeps on going on about popping noises coming from behind  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Well seeing as i only have 1000 miles of warranty left i might get them done, do you reckon that'd interfere with a 3rd party warranty extension?

markiii

Quote from: "aaronjb"

I'm not sure Mark has space down his road for another '2..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  But if he has, I shall (assuming I'm not oop north at the time) - Mark?

I'd even be happy to assist with the work  s:) :) s:)  Heck, I can even bring my own tools  s;) ;) s;)

The more teh merrier though, f we don't get around to yours you may need to come back in July  s;-) ;-) s;-)

markiii

how will they know?

after all they are supposed tofall out, and no toyot a dealer on the planet has ever heard of teh issue.

:-) :-) :-)
  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"how will they know?

after all they are supposed tofall out, and no toyot a dealer on the planet has ever heard of the issue.

:-) :-) :-)
  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

LMAO - like your thinking  s;) ;) s;)

Count me in for the July one time and money allowing!

mrsmr2

What will happen to all the nasty bits of ceramic?  Do we take them home (as lovely souvenirs), or will you dispose of them?

Also, do we need masks, eye goggles, crash helments, etc, etc?

Jason
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

markiii

I have goggles,

if you have dispoal face masks you may wish to bring them.

ceramic will go in the bin unless you wish to keep it.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "mrsmr2"Also, do we need masks, eye goggles, crash helments, etc, etc?

large bags of cotton wool to wrap ourselves up in.......  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

mrsmr2

Cool, I'll bring some goggles but don't have a mask.

I'll be so   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  to see the pre-cats go.  It'll be a wrench but you can keep them (after I've smashed them into millions of pieces, then jumped on them, etc).

Jason
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

mrsmr2

That's what the beer will be for - numbing the pain of all the scratches.

Jason

aaronjb

Quote from: "markiii"The more the merrier though, f we don't get around to yours you may need to come back in July  s;-) ;-) s;-)

s;) ;) s;)  I'm sure after I've hung around/helped/watched/etc I'll not mind doing it myself  s:) :) s:)

If this were on the Nissan I'd have no hesitations (after all, I've had the engine out of that, stripped, rebuilt, new tubs, reassembled.. etc), but it's the Toymota, and I've not started taking that apart yet  s:D :D s:D

richbay

i seem to have replied to the wrong thread, does that mean i have missed out??? oh no. ' i dont bloody believe it'

kanujunkie

Quote from: "richbay"i seem to have replied to the wrong thread, does that mean i have missed out??? oh no. ' i dont bloody believe it'

well get in early for the next one then! it'll fill up fast
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Markii - Count me in for July buddy, that'll be grand!

I'd better get the penetrating oil out now if the meet is in July!   s:D :D s:D  

s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

If there's another in july, I'd very much like too go, room providing of course  s:) :) s:)

roger

Just taken the heat shield off for the first round of Plusgas.

1. Can it stay off? Anybody run without it, all the O2 cables etc OK?

FOR MARKIII

2. I noticed which I hadn't before, that the LH O2 sensor is'nt fully seated, the washer actually moves with a finger touch....yet I cannot undo it. I am therefore 100% convinced its a crossed thread.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

So... should I complain to Toyota...I doubt I get much change there, probably say leave it and what do you want it out for anyway!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Is the spare manifold a possibility?? If we do manage to get it out and can't put it back in "properly" I would like to suggest the spare is put on, then I get this one sorted / rethreaded etc (and put it back into MR2roc stock - or wherever the spare came from).

Would be good to hear your suggestions.   s8) 8) s8)
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

You can safely leave the heatshields off: Mine haven't been on my car since I gutted back in Jan.

markiii

Quote from: "roger"Just taken the heat shield off for the first round of Plusgas.

1. Can it stay off? Anybody run without it, all the O2 cables etc OK?

FOR MARKIII

2. I noticed which I hadn't before, that the LH O2 sensor is'nt fully seated, the washer actually moves with a finger touch....yet I cannot undo it. I am therefore 100% convinced its a crossed thread.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

So... should I complain to Toyota...I doubt I get much change there, probably say leave it and what do you want it out for anyway!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Is the spare manifold a possibility?? If we do manage to get it out and can't put it back in "properly" I would like to suggest the spare is put on, then I get this one sorted / rethreaded etc (and put it back into MR2roc stock - or wherever the spare came from).

Would be good to hear your suggestions.   s8) 8) s8)

spare manifold will be on hand.

and that is exactly what we would normally do so no probs there.

Tags: