Precat Gutting Meet Saturday 11th June

Started by markiii, May 10, 2005, 12:17

Anonymous

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   Can I ask if there will be another Pre-Cat gut Meet ?   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

markiii

there will, but when is teh question Im currently booking my social life in at teh end of september, so it may be october befoe I can fit one in.

I'm working on it though.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Vspec"This could be interesting to the guys he works with   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

you bloody dare   s:? :? s:?

he only did  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

**note to self, must kill Dan and Al at earliest oppotunity**
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Darth Paul

Lovely colour that heatshield – named CPO, wasn't it?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "RUSTY"Just after a bit of advice from the cat wrecking crew. I attempted a gutting operation myself. Was going OK, after much application of 3 in 1 Professional Penentrating spray I easily loosed the heatshield, manifold mounting brackets, manifold - engine block nuts and o2 sensors. That just left the 3 manifold to down pipe nuts. Absolute b$£tards. One I rounded so I thought what the hell and attcked it with mole grips, so now its totally bollo$ed. One I managed to loosen by hitting a ring spanner with a hammer. The middle one - absolutely no way was that one coming undone. Took the car to Mr T, they couldn't undo it either and siad that it had been put on wrong. All i can assume by that is that they mean that some moron had the air torque wrench set to max as I would have thought it hard to get the nut on upside down.

The car's booked into Mr T in about 2 weeks time but the job's gonna cost about £260 inc VAT and thats after I negotiated it down on the basis that it's partly a warranty issue because the nuts have been incorrectly torqued.

Is there any other way out of this? - I'm naturally a little reluctant to part with £260 just to get my manifold in a state where I can actually loosen the nuts but the car is a daily driver (wife) so I can't end up with being off road for any length of time.

Any suggestions?

The story goes on - the car's been into MR T today to have any knackered studs / nuts replaced so that I can then remove the manifold myself for decatting. Got a call earlier on saying that the manifold's a mess and would it be ok to nut and bolt the manifold onto the downpipe. At the end of the day it's going to have cost me £220 + VAT for them to shag the manifold and bodge it back together. I could probably have done that myself. I've given the goahead to nut and bolt it but I'm thinking a heft concession on the original price is now in order. What would you guys do - bear in mind that I had knackered one of the studs myself so it's probbaly hard to argue for no charge on the work.

markiii

Chaps.

I received a package late last week which had no identifying marks of origin  :-) :-) :-)  When opened it was found to contain a set of Irwin extractors for removing rounded off or rusted bolts.

Having pondered exhaustively if and where I had ordered these from and forgotten about, I mentioned it to Stu on Saturday and he told me where they had come from.

It would seem a gift from thiose of you who attended the gutting meet.

Since the flowers arrived for Chris I had been wondering if perhaps these had come from the same source, and it seems I was right.

Totally uneccessary as your all very welcome, but very much appreciated none the less.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  . Hopefuly they won't be needed, however as another gutting meet is looking iminent for October I feel they may well come in handy. Lesson learned not to attempt 10 in one day next time.

Many thanks again

regards,

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SimonC_Here

You will have to try them out and see if they work as advertised!

Simon

Darth Paul

You both deserve your pressies.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

roger

Quote from: "Darth Paul"You both deserve your pressies.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Second that, over and above the call of duty, Mark and Chris. That deserves something extra.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

kanujunkie

here, here, i resound the honoured gentlemans opinions
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Yeah, what Stu said!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Seriously though - you both deserve your pressies, for all you help and generosity.

Many thanks!  s8) 8) s8)

Tags: