2000 Roadster Track Toy

Started by dnmhd86, August 31, 2021, 15:07

dnmhd86

Hi all, newbie to the forum from Northern Ireland. I have an 00 Mr2 with 61k on it. It was bought as a father son project/track day/road car last winter. We have been to 3 local track days (Kirkistown) and each time added something else to the spec list which so far consists of;

EBC yellow stuff pads on standard discs (for now) and EBC lines
2 new rear brake calipers
Motul race fluid
Nankang NS2R 195/50/15 on all 4 corners
K&N panel filter
Malian Cat back exhaust

So far having great fun on track. Obviously isn't the fastest thing out on track but its well balanced and offers so much grip its great fun to throw about!

We will be aiming for a winter fluids change, suspension change and poly bushings....and maybe some more Malian goodies

You cannot view this attachment.

Hammond

Welcome aboard! Seems like a great project so far. Any future plans or just more seat time? :)
05' silver

JB21

JohnGee

Welcome aboard.

Car looks good and the home workshop (if that's what it is) looks pretty special as well.

Enjoy the ride.

John

2006 Roadster, manual, leather, in Sable

Joesson

@dnmhd86
Hello and welcome and ditto on @John Gee's workshop comment.

Topdownman

"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

JohnGee

Quote from: Joesson on August 31, 2021, 16:29@dnmhd86

Workshop envy?

John

J88TEO

love that garage and the 2 post!

Joesson

JohnGee

Quote from: Joesson on August 31, 2021, 21:50
Quote from: JohnGee on August 31, 2021, 18:59
Quote from: Joesson on August 31, 2021, 16:29@dnmhd86

Workshop envy?

Oh yes.

@dnmhd86 - You've got to tell us a bit more about the workshop? Is that yours, a neighbours, a lock up somewhere or something else?

John

puma2

:) welcome and i love garage pictures :)
keep them comeing :)

dnmhd86

😂 thanks all for the kind comments! Unfortunately the workshop isn't mine, it is my father in law's garage which he kindly lets me use as I please.

He's a big petrolhead so out of shot is a Jag XKR, a classic tractor and in another shed sits an '86 Capri 2.8 Special.

It's a dreamland for anyone into cars and farm machinery lol.

puma2

Quote from: dnmhd86 on September  2, 2021, 08:17😂 thanks all for the kind comments! Unfortunately the workshop isn't mine, it is my father in law's garage which he kindly lets me use as I please.

He's a big petrolhead so out of shot is a Jag XKR, a classic tractor and in another shed sits an '86 Capri 2.8 Special.

It's a dreamland for anyone into cars and farm machinery lol.

dreamland when can i move in got love a Capri  on looks

Jay

Hey Dan, I thought I smelt a fellow RMS'er  ;D

dnmhd86

Haha! Good to hear from you Jay! Didn't see you at the last track day, planning any more this season?

Jay

Think the next one is the 12th, got a lot of building work going on at the house so unsure if I'm coming or going at the minute.  Will all depend on the weather I guess!

You set for another or have you more tweaking to do?

Tags: