Gear Bearing replacement cost.

Started by Chilli Girl, September 20, 2021, 12:15

Dev

Quote from: Chilli Girl on October 18, 2021, 20:51To be perfectly honest @Dev I've fallen right out of love with her tonight  ::)

Hang in there, you will be fine on the other end when it's done. Make the car the way you want it by fixing the little stuff that annoys you while its in your care and you will be satisfied for a very long time. Sometimes a work in progress car is better than buying new even if you have some hurdles.

Topdownman

When it's done it will be done. Hang in there!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Chilli Girl

Thanks, I'll be ok, as you say, things will improve and Jon at @mr2garageswindon has given me some options to think about. Just an initial shock I suppose!  We will await for pics tomorrow hopefully and see where we are.  The engine is good though, just need to sort the transmission now!
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Chilli Girl

Pics have arrived via @mr2garageswindon, thank you - not great. :'(   Now awaiting costs. :o
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Chilli Girl

So approximate price would be near on 1K which is too expensive for me.  I'm going to have a think for the rest of the day.  I may well end up with a UK 5 speed box from Dick Sloan if there's one going just to keep the costs down. 

Carolyn

Quote from: Chilli Girl on October 19, 2021, 15:43So approximate price would be near on 1K which is too expensive for me.  I'm going to have a think for the rest of the day.  I may well end up with a UK 5 speed box from Dick Sloan if there's one going just to keep the costs down. 

I think that's your best bet - also you might try a wanted ad on the forum.  There's bound to be a decent five speed out there.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Topdownman

Does it have to be a 5 speed? Would a 6 speed fit?
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Carolyn

The five speed is a much nicer box to use, as Jane has discovered., but a six will fit.

Alex Knight

How about a 2ZZ box, keeps things nice and spirited? 😉

mr2garageswindon

You would need the gear lever from a 6 speed I would expect then wire in a reverse beeper to stop accidental selection.
UK 5 speed cheapest best option in my opinion.

Dev

It is possible we can see some pictures of the damage. Sorry to hear Jane.

Topdownman

Quote from: mr2garageswindon on October 19, 2021, 16:11You would need the gear lever from a 6 speed I would expect then wire in a reverse beeper to stop accidental selection.
UK 5 speed cheapest best option in my opinion.

That makes sense!
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Carolyn

You might also check with Jspec (to be found on FB). 

105e

Isnt there a uk 5 speed box advertised on here, £250

Gibla

stock 2001 Dark Green MR-S (6R4)

Chilli Girl

Cheers Alan, just seen it. Thanks to @105e too.

Chilli Girl

Carolyn

Dave (Oddshoes) wouldn't sell a duffer.

Tags: