Brake Bleeding

Started by kanujunkie, May 11, 2005, 12:27

phillmat

I have an 02' Will my bleed niples be these speed ones.  i thort they where all like that.

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "markiii"Stu had a lot of success with those Speed bleeders IIRC

Yeah - they make the job super easy.. even I managed it  s:) :) s:)

They really are great and make the job super easy.  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "phillmat"I have an 02' Will my bleed niples be these speed ones.  i thort they where all like that.

nope they're just standard ones, you need to swap them to speedbleeders they dont come as stock.

m http://www.speedbleeder.com/ m

ours are the SB7100's all round, to get them quickly and from the uk, i just ordered 2 sets of rear mx5 ones from jimparts

m http://www.jimparts.co.uk/product_info. ... cts_id/557 m
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

kanujunkie

btw, the feel of pre and post facelift braking is different, so dont jump in expecting them to feel the same, they have a completely different design to the ABS side and it seems to effect the feedback to the pedal.
[size=100]Stu[/size]

markiii

any idea which one fit teh VX Stu?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

Quote from: "markiii"any idea which one fit the VX Stu?

sorry mate, no  s:( :( s:(   i'd drop them a line and if not Aaron has some spare bleeders at his, wip one of yours out and compare them, then order from that

heres the size chart

m http://www.speedbleeder.com/size.htm m

i've just had a good hunt around but i cant find the sizes, sorry Mark  s:( :( s:(
[size=100]Stu[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"wip one of yours out and compare them

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

But yes - I have two spare, was meaning to try them in the clutch slave and see if they're the same size as that.. (Actually I have four at home - but two of those are for my rear calipers whenever I finally get around to doing them)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

can you bring one with you on Sunday

ta
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Bear in mind that even the experts (TMS/Courtneys et al) don't use anything like that on the VX Mark, as the best/easiest way to get all the air out is to remove the caliper and invert it due to the silly place the bleed nipple is (or use a TECH unit to activate the ABS module, but you definitely haven't got one of those  s;) ;) s;) ). That's why Eleys had trouble doing mine the first time I took it there, another nugget of Lotus design  s:? :? s:?

markiii

it would seem Gendan do an ODBII add on that does most of what teh tech does  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

Ooh, got a link? Bet it's not cheap seeing as how a TECH unit is about £2K IIRC...

markiii

software only so about £40 from memory

will; see if I can find a link

aaronjb

£100 for the "Pro" software, IIRC, now - which is the one that does realtime readouts, logging etc.. (That includes the hardware interface, though)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Anonymous

I've got the Gendan one, and the advanced one they do only includes O2 sensor voltage logging over the standard one, nothing like what a TECH unit can do with regard to Vauxhall cars.

markiii

there is apparantly a new vauxhall specific piece of software

which can amongst other things cope with non engine codes

Anonymous

I thought it was just for Vauxhall-specific cars that the OBD-II couldn't read/didn't work on, if it's this you're talking about?

That's all I could find on the Gendan website, anyway.

Anonymous

Withn Stu's earlier post on how to do it with SBs fitted, is there much more to do without? (guess there must be or why get SBs  s:idea: :idea: s:idea:  )

Cheers

cclarke99

To do it without any bleeding gadgets is not difficult. You need two people, one in the car to operate the pedal and one outside to open the bleed valves and check the reservoir. With the pipe connected and in the jar of fluid, open the first valve, press the pedal down, close the valve and let the pedal up. Continue until no air comes out. Repeat with each corner. Don't forget to refill the master cylinder - DONT use the fluid from the jar to do this. Traditionally you always start with the furthest brake and do each half of a split system separately. This means rear right, followed by front left, rear left, front right. Having said that Toyota don't specify an order, and suggest pressing the pedal several times and holding it down before opening the valve. Be very careful with the valves as they shear off or strip threads easily. Again - don't touch the brakes unless you're fully confident

Anonymous

Thanks, I think the order has been sorted as left rear, right rear, left front right front for a RHD car. I don't actually know what the bleed valves look like (I'll look tomorrow) but it's a job I want to do so thanks for your help.

aaronjb

Yeah - the only 'real' advantage of the speed bleeders is that it becomes a one man job.. Open valve, pump the pedal (gently) while making sure you don't empty the reservoir, and when the clear tube you put on the bleeder is air-less, tighten bleeder..

None of the annoying "crack bleeder, press pedal, hold pedal, tighten bleeder, raise pedal" that involves much shouting at each other and cursing to high heaven when you get your orders mixed up and accidentally suck a load of air back in again when someone raises when they should have pushed..  s;) ;) s;)

cclarke99

One other point re the excessive pedal travel problem, Toyota list adjustment of the pushrod from the servo to the master cylinder as a possible cause. Also make sure the vent in the top of the master cylinder cap is not blocked.

Tags: