Maurici´s 2ZZ Roadster. A Mallorcan and a Japanese meet for a drive.

Started by Maurici, November 22, 2021, 14:03

shnazzle

I have a baffled modified sump :)
So, I'm FOR.

And your stuff is interesting!

BTW I just used that video above to get the door handle/lock out and I can't get that big "cable", as he calls it, off!

I lifted the white tab, but now what? Should the end slide out? 
...neutiquam erro.

Maurici

Quote from: shnazzle on February 24, 2022, 16:46I have a baffled modified sump :)
So, I'm FOR.

And your stuff is interesting!

BTW I just used that video above to get the door handle/lock out and I can't get that big "cable", as he calls it, off!

I lifted the white tab, but now what? Should the end slide out?

Well. Will need persuasion to 'slide out'... I used a big screwdriver trough one of the holes and used it to pry it out... the first time was rather difficult, the other 5 or 6 times you will have to do it to get it aligned are way more easy.

Does it makes sense? If it doesn't, let me know and i will rescue my door and lock and show you.

shnazzle

Quote from: Maurici on February 24, 2022, 17:32Well. Will need persuasion to 'slide out'... I used a big screwdriver trough one of the holes and used it to pry it out... the first time was rather difficult, the other 5 or 6 times you will have to do it to get it aligned are way more easy.

Does it makes sense? If it doesn't, let me know and i will rescue my door and lock and show you.
That makes perfect sense. I know what you mean thanks.

In the meantime @Carolyn told me that I can remove the lock cylinder without taking the handle out. That's a lot easier! I already had the two bolts undone so I just pushed it out and that was it hahaha.

All I need to do is swap locks so that I can put this cylinder in my new door 
...neutiquam erro.

thetyrant

Looks like a good project, make sure to check the pickup pipe clearanace from bottom of sump as apparently there are some improvements to be made there by lowering it further down.  Enjoy the sun and the RF :D
Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

JB21

Tags: