Valve Seals 2ZZ

Started by AJRFulton, February 22, 2022, 23:53

AJRFulton

Sanity check as cannot find information online.

Bought Victor Reinz valve Seals - was showing my 15yr old nephew how it goes together - asked him to help but.... In his wisdom he opened both packets of valve Seals and emptied them - so whilst the packets were marked with the code I and E I'm now not sure what is inlet, what is exhaust.

Both inlet/exhaust valves have same diameter shaft, but I believe the inlet valve seal has a very slightly larger aperture than the exhaust seal?

Sanity check me here.

Call the midlife!

Are they different colours? The OEM 1zz seals are different colours (can't remember which is which offhand but it's in the book if the ones you have are similarly coloured). The 1zz seals are different sizes certainly but again I can't remember which way without checking the book, that's in the garage.
If nobody else tips in before, I'll be in the garage first thing but can only confirm 1zz details I'm afraid.
60% of the time it works everytime...

AJRFulton

Quote from: Call the midlife! on February 23, 2022, 05:43Are they different colours? The OEM 1zz seals are different colours (can't remember which is which offhand but it's in the book if the ones you have are similarly coloured). The 1zz seals are different sizes certainly but again I can't remember which way without checking the book, that's in the garage.
If nobody else tips in before, I'll be in the garage first thing but can only confirm 1zz details I'm afraid.

They are different colours. Blue and black....... Which are different to OEM in the book.

The only obvious difference is one has a slightly larger aperture - same as the ones that came off.

Whilst I say the valve stems are same diameter, that's measured with a Vernier accurate to 0.1mm. Looking at the manual, I'll need to get the micrometer out.

Tags: