The 06 Silver project

Started by Topdownman, March 11, 2022, 09:12

puma2

:) that does look good :)
that 2 is defiantly come on with build well done and keep the work going :)

ps were was the picture taken  8)  8)

Topdownman

Quote from: puma2 on July 27, 2022, 07:35:) that does look good :)
that 2 is defiantly come on with build well done and keep the work going :)

ps were was the picture taken  8)  8)

Thank you!

Its coming along slowly. My rear spoiler arrived yesterday, that is going to take a lot of prep!

Surprised you dont recognise it Paul.

It is of course the Black Mountain Road.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

puma2

:) that's why i thought  it look familiar love that place and that corner  8)  8) 

Topdownman

No tyre marks on the corner today!

"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Mr220Mike

That looks great. Who did you get your roof from?

Topdownman

Quote from: Mr220Mike on July 28, 2022, 19:45That looks great. Who did you get your roof from?

That is a "Swansea roof";

https://www.facebook.com/JackRSmithMotorTrimmers?fref=ts

He has a huge waiting list which is probably into next year by now! His current price is £350 (seems to go up by £10 pa). Can be hard to get on the phone, you have to just keep trying until they pick up. Their roofs are not the best ones but they are half the price of the next cheapest ones so there is a trade-off to get that price. Both my 2s have their roofs now and I am happy with them. If you are even thinking of one, get on the waiting list straightaway as you can always cancel if you change your mind. I think they make the roofs up about a week or two ahead of the appointment.
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Mr220Mike

Thanks. It looks great. I'm on the list already but my date is November!! Tried ringing a few times to see if he's had a cancellation but had no luck

fawtytoo

And I'm still thinking of red on red.

I can't get it out of my head.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

tricky1138

£380 for anyone booking now, not sure when that is from. Still cheaper than anyone else.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Topdownman

Quote from: Mr220Mike on July 28, 2022, 22:10Thanks. It looks great. I'm on the list already but my date is November!! Tried ringing a few times to see if he's had a cancellation but had no luck

Getting through on the phone is very hard, you have to just keep trying I'm afraid.
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Topdownman

Quote from: tricky1138 on July 28, 2022, 23:49£380 for anyone booking now, not sure when that is from. Still cheaper than anyone else.

Ah, I hadnt realised that, I suppose the cost of living crisis has caught up with them too!

When I paid he said £350 right?" to me so they must be charging/quoting the different rates now.
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

tricky1138

Quote from: Topdownman on July 29, 2022, 07:22Ah, I hadnt realised that, I suppose the cost of living crisis has caught up with them too!

When I paid he said £350 right?" to me so they must be charging/quoting the different rates now.

Yeah it wa £350 for me too. I just heard him on the phone quoting £380 to the guy booking in December.

He said it was the cost of materials / cost of living and / or the perceived rise by then.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Topdownman

Got round to drilling 2 holes in the rear bumper today to test fit the rear spoiler. I did adjust it slightly but no c*ck-ups thankfully!

Its going to need a lot more work to get it to fit well due to the huge gaps (I think they used a photograph rather than a car to build the mould) but I do like the look of it.

This is the gap underneath!

Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Joesson

@Topdownman , you do seem to like a challenge Simon.

Topdownman

Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

ayresyboy

Nice work Simon. It's looking great. 👌  Andy
SW20 Gen4 Turbo // SW20 1MZ V6

Topdownman

So, bondage night had a slight hiccup and has now become bondage morning (no, I didnt forget the safe word).

Despite my test clamping

when it came to fitting with the tigerseal I needed 5 clamps on the spat to get it tight in every place so I was a few clamps short to do both spats and the spoiler (4 clamps and 2 bolts) at the same time.

I will take the clamps off shortly as they have had 13 hours now and do the final spat. The good news is that the huge gap at the back of the spoiler has clamped down well so as long as it doesnt just spring apart when I release the clamps......
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Call the midlife!

I did mine on the car as the bumper pulls into a slightly different shape when you fit it, mine also still fell off over time.👍🏻
60% of the time it works everytime...

Gaz mr-s

Quote from: Topdownman on August 28, 2022, 08:10So, bondage night had a slight hiccup and has now become bondage morning (no, I didnt forget the safe word).

Despite my test clamping

Was Haagen Dazs consumed to cope with the stress?   ;D

Joesson

While I noticed the food packaging lid I had no idea what it was from. Having linked to Haagen Dazs from @Gaz mr-s 's post I found that Haagen Dazs Japan have an App!
I do like ice cream but I really don't need to "follow it" !

Topdownman

@Gaz mr-s They are historic pots from the garage, I stopped buying the premium ice creams when they reduced the quantity size from 500 to 460mls! Did they think we wouldnt notice? I never heard anyone say, "I like pralines and cream but the tub is just a bit too big".

I do find applying any kind of silicone etc stressful and its not a job I like due to the ever present risk of f------ it all up! Second spat now on and curing but still got some other bits to do before I can get back under the car to do the final coat of paint and get the undertrays back on as I need to use the car tomorrow. Perhaps I do need a tub of HD after all!
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Gaz mr-s

Quote from: Topdownman on August 28, 2022, 10:43@Gaz mr-s They are historic pots from the garage, I stopped buying the premium ice creams when they reduced the quantity size from 500 to 460mls! Did they think we wouldnt notice? I never heard anyone say, "I like pralines and cream but the tub is just a bit too big".

I do find applying any kind of silicone etc stressful and its not a job I like due to the ever present risk of f------ it all up! Second spat now on and curing but still got some over bits to do before I can get back under the car to do the final coat of paint and get the undertrays back on as I need to use the car tomorrow. Perhaps I do need a tub of HD after all!

Heh heh.....thankfully I was right.  ;D   I only buy at £3.00, Salted caramel is my weakness.   ;)

Topdownman

I was a player when it was £3 for 500ml!
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Topdownman

Actually got to drive it yesterday, was weird driving home at night with no dashboard lights so I stripped it down today and found out why it wasnt working!

Is this normal with leds or did I get faulty ones?

Starting to look a bit better at the back at least now (well I think so anyway)!

Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Chilli Girl

Yes your rear is looking very smart now Simon ;)
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Tags: