tyre pressures on stock 15" wheels?

Started by A7DUO, March 13, 2022, 21:38

A7DUO

everyone happy with 26f 32r PSI on stock wheels & tyres? - any recommendations above or below these in your experience for the optimum road setup?
Matt (2001 Toyota MR-2) 2009 Toyota IQ, 2016 Caterham 420R, 2008 Mini Clubman CooperD

Ardent

Best place to start.

Will depend precisely on what tyres you have on.
May be some variation if you have xl tyres , inflation can change. Not by much though. Quite a subjective thing.
I've always been happy on stock pressures.

A7DUO

Thanks, I'm on quite Bridgestone's at the moment, but interested to try the Falken ZE310s that DemonTweeks list in pairs to suit both sizes needed for our 15" wheels (they work out at £240 at the moment for a set of 4 delivered + plus have to factor in local fitting of course)
Matt (2001 Toyota MR-2) 2009 Toyota IQ, 2016 Caterham 420R, 2008 Mini Clubman CooperD

Chilli Girl

Falkens - that's a good price. Got Falkens 310's on mine, brilliant tyre ;D
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Joesson

Quote from: A7DUO on March 14, 2022, 08:05Thanks, I'm on quite Bridgestone's at the moment, but interested to try the Falken ZE310s that DemonTweeks list in pairs to suit both sizes needed for our 15" wheels (they work out at £240 at the moment for a set of 4 delivered + plus have to factor in local fitting of course)

I once found MrTbettered the "best" price" at the time and that was Black Circles. Another time I found our local independent was the best I could find.

Ardent

240 plus bits n bobs for a set of falkens  good find.

Topdownman

I always ring my favoured local fitter last and say I am ringing round for prices and seeing what the best they can do is. If they are too high I tell them what my lowest price is and I find they usually match that.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Joesson

Best price our son in law found for his daughter's / our granddaughter 's car tyres was from Asda that was a supply to a local dealer who fitted them.
Problem was one of the two new tyres went flat, twice. Third time it needed replacing, all within a couple of days.
Who pays? Our granddaughter so far!
The local fitter only fitted them, Asda supplied them and now responsibility is in dispute.
In the same way if parts are supplied by the owner for fitting by a garage and it goes wrong, who pays the bill?

A7DUO

Quote from: Joesson on March 14, 2022, 18:37Best price our son in law found for his daughter's / our granddaughter 's car tyres was from Asda that was a supply to a local dealer who fitted them.
Problem was one of the two new tyres went flat, twice. Third time it needed replacing, all within a couple of days.
Who pays? Our granddaughter so far!
The local fitter only fitted them, Asda supplied them and now responsibility is in dispute.
In the same way if parts are supplied by the owner for fitting by a garage and it goes wrong, who pays the bill?
That is a bit of nightmare - sorry to hear that - I was looking at the Asda alternative to Black Circles - but interesting to get some feedback, but that was indeed bad luck with that experience, sorry to hear :(  >:(

Ardent

bad luck indeed.

My Dad had tyres via the asda route. No issues whatsoever.

Topdownman

Worth knowing (hope its gets sorted out properly).

That is also a very good argument for getting the fitter to supply the tyres!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Tags: