Front caliper refurb and or upgrade.

Started by A7DUO, April 19, 2022, 12:03

A7DUO

I need to refurb front offside caliper that has started sticking probably more from lack of use on my low miler 51plate MR-2 over the years.  Does anyone know a good supplier of replacement part, or a good place with quick turaround to recondition my existing?  interested to know what is a cost effective upgrade from the fronts too if going down the road of chaning out the pair in future, but happy to fit a stock one for now to keep me on the road.  thanks
Matt (2001 Toyota MR-2) 2009 Toyota IQ, 2016 Caterham 420R, 2008 Mini Clubman CooperD

Topdownman

You should be able to get what you want from brakeparts here;

brakeparts

No real caliper upgrades unless you go for a big brake kit but no need of that for most of us!

For road use, you are fine with stock pads and discs or stock discs with a more premium pad (can of worms here!).
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Ardent

JB21

Anyone tried Brakeparts for FL handbrake cables?

A7DUO

Many thanks - useful link there.  I have found local autofactors Jayar car parts do and exchange front Caliper for £75 so I'll do that for now I think and get the old one down to them later today.  Thanks for the pointers though appreciated.  Good that  you can buy all the parts to recondition  yourself from the supplier there you recommended which was good. thanks. regards for now
Matt (2001 Toyota MR-2) 2009 Toyota IQ, 2016 Caterham 420R, 2008 Mini Clubman CooperD

Tags: