Tacho pulse wire?

Started by kanujunkie, May 19, 2005, 14:53

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Vspec"Surely you mean filaments Stu   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Another sparkie in the club  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ; when I was in the apprentice traing school and we got shouted at saying bulbs are for planting in the ground  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Took me back to all those years ago  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Another sparkie in the club  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ; when I was in the apprentice traing school and we got shouted at saying bulbs are for planting in the ground  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Took me back to all those years ago  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

i'm the sparky, Vspec's the mechanical monkey!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  so i should know better, oh well
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "so.simple"
Quote from: "Slacey"Thanks for the eBay link  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Why? Oh God, why?!?

ironically the guy selling it lives round the corner from me, if only he'd put it up a few days ago  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

so.simple

How much did you pay for yours?
Carlos

kanujunkie

Quote from: "so.simple"How much did you pay for yours?

discounted from £68 to £53 cos it was there last one and they wanted to clear the shelf  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

so.simple

Thanks. That gives me a notion of what to search.
Carlos

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"

i'm the sparky, Vspec's the mechanical monkey!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  so i should know better, oh well

Surely its a Conehead not a sparky   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Best regards Alan

kanujunkie

meet the coneheads

[size=100]Stu[/size]

roger

Stu,

Did you consider putting it more in your sight line on top of the dash, or are wires a problem for that?

Where it is, presumably it is easier to "glance" at the lights rather than "look" at the rev counter?
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

kanujunkie

Quote from: "roger"Stu,

Did you consider putting it more in your sight line on top of the dash, or are wires a problem for that?

i could have done if i'd drilled a small hole in the top of the instrument surround, but here lies the problem, i dont want to, plus it could get annoying as it is staying on the car permanently. The unit does have several modes anyway and some attract your attention anyway without having to move your eyes off the road and thats good enough for me

Quote from: "roger"Where it is, presumably it is easier to "glance" at the lights rather than "look" at the rev counter?

you dont have to glance at all, the lights can be seen quite happily thru your peripheral vision without taking your eyes off the road

this mod isn't worth doing unless your going on a track day or you half deaf, like me  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   i'm doing both so it was a must have or else i'll be on the limiter all the time  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

roger

Quote from: "kanujunkie"this mod isn't worth doing unless your going on a track day or you half deaf, like me  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   i'm doing both so it was a must have or else i'll be on the limiter all the time  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Pardon?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

kanujunkie

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: