Po125 fault

Started by Snakehips, May 24, 2022, 19:38

Snakehips

Good evening. I would like to thank everyone for there response to my po125 dilemma. After a couple of hours trying to work the problem out does anyone know if the 02 bank1 sensor1 is linked to the closed loop temperature sensor. Thanks dave much appreciated newby

Ardent

I feel reasonably confident in saying, senor input is ignored below a certain operating temp.

Don't think they are linked to one another directly, both will feed into the ecu and it decides what and when to act on the info it is being provided.

Gaz mr-s

This was posted previously by one of the knowledgeable guys on here.

"I think it'll be one of the front o2 sensors again.
P0125 means the ecu isn't able to get a rich report from an o2 sensor after the engine is up to operating temp.
I had it two years ago - it used to happen when i stopped and restarted a few mins later when the engine was already warm.
I think it happens because the heater element isn't working but isn't open circuit so can't be directly detected."

Get the Torque pro app if you don't already have it. Look at the voltages of the manifold sensors. Bnk1/1 & Bnk2/1.  See if they fluctuate similar amounts.  If the heater cct is gone in any of them it produces a different code.

Snakehips

Cheers much appreciated

Tags: