2ZZ swap P0141

Started by Tamasbako, May 25, 2022, 08:33

Tamasbako

I know this might've been covered couple of times, but couldn't find the solution as of yet. I've bought the car with the swap already in place. The P0420 is covered with resistor hack and only comes on every 10-15 times the car is turned on. But P0141 is constantly on now. I know that one O2 sensor is not plugged in as the header only has one bug for them. The O2 voltage seems fine ranging between 0.1-0.9 while the car is idling and the secondary O2 is reading around 0.1-0.2 (not sure if car has completely warmed). So how does one get rid of P0141 ? Is it bound to the ECU waiting for two feeds, so do I need to fool the ECU or ?
Any suggestions welcome.

Topdownman

I dont know about the 2ZZ swop but with my 1MZ swop, that code (and some others) shows all the time and cannot be removed.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

JB21

Heater circuit on one of the O2 sensors. Code should say if sensor 1 or 2.

More than likely a new 02 sensor is required.

Tamasbako

Thank you. I'd be more than happy if it's "just" a sensor replacement for p0141. I'll check which bank it says. Fingers crossed.

Quote from: JB21 on May 25, 2022, 09:04Heater circuit on one of the O2 sensors. Code should say if sensor 1 or 2.

More than likely a new 02 sensor is required.

Alex Knight

I've had this on my 2ZZ in the past.

Sensor is working, but heater circuit element of the sensor has failed.

New sensor time.

Tags: