Brake pad fitting kit which way around?

Started by Jgcobra, June 3, 2022, 19:07

Jgcobra

Hi there, I'm replacing the front pads and have bought a new fitting kit to go with it, see pics.

There are two different shaped clips in the kit. Can anyone tell me which goes at the top of the pad and which goes at the bottom please, and bonus points if you can tell me why?

It isn't clear in the workshop manual, and the internet has shown people with it both ways up. I don't trust looking at my old ones because I don't know who fitted them.

Any help appreciated!

Regards
Graham

Gaz mr-s

I can't remember, but once you're ready to fit them & try in position, you'll know.

Jgcobra

rusty0273

If they're in the wrong way then you'll likely get a light knock under initial braking as the pads can move slightly. At least I did with mine until that issue was diagnosed and fixed. I didn't do it myself so unfortunately, can't help with advising which option is correct.

Joesson

@Jgcobra

Maybe this will help it's the Left front caliper, the clips can be seen to be different at the bottom of the photo.

Jgcobra

Quote from: Joesson on June  4, 2022, 11:28@Jgcobra

Maybe this will help it's the Left front caliper, the clips can be seen to be different at the bottom of the photo.

Thanks for the image. I may be wrong but that's your front right caliper holder isn't it? Otherwise you have the sensor on the pad at the top?

Joesson

That was some time ago now, the calipers are in a much better state now.
The caliper that I have been calling Left Front since that photo was refitted in the same way today.
I'll give it a good looking at next time I am working on the car.

Tags: