Finishing touches - clips and screws for trim

Started by MrChris, July 5, 2022, 12:13

MrChris

Trying to fit my front mudguards on and I think they were fitted with these:

https://mr2-ben.co.uk/products/909

Pic of what they need to go in to:
You cannot view this attachment.

...but I hate them. Does anyone know of decent alternatives that can be removed e.g. like the push fit that can be removed and reused easily?

Finally inside the car I need 4 screws to fit the centre tunnel back together as I don't seem to have these screws. Any ideas what I can use here?
You cannot view this attachment.

shnazzle

I haven't had those console screws fitted in about 5 years haha.

They might possibly be in the ashtray? 
...neutiquam erro.

Call the midlife!

Any decent self tappers of the right size will do for the console screws, it's not a threaded plate.
60% of the time it works everytime...

Topdownman

In both my cars, the centre console screws no longer tighten so over size screws would be a good idea.

The screws that should be in there are the same size as used in a number of other places such as holding the stereo in if you need to see the size.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

MrChris

Thanks all. Seems like the centre console should be easy when I've got a few mins later. As for the arch liner and mudguard, I've ordered 20 of the plastic grommets I hate as I found some on Amazon. At least this way when I try and remove them and they break I've got loads of spares.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DP28VGX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Still waiting on my rear subframe bolts... it's so tantalisingly close.

Ardent

@MrChris

Re console. Maybe just fit the rears for cosmetics. You cannot see the front two. And a pia to get in and out.
Console does not go anywhere. And a lit easier when it comes to handbrake adjustment. Mine like Shnazzle's are in the Ash tray.

MrChris

Quote from: Ardent on July  5, 2022, 17:03@MrChris

Re console. Maybe just fit the rears for cosmetics. You cannot see the front two. And a pia to get in and out.
Console does not go anywhere. And a lit easier when it comes to handbrake adjustment. Mine like Shnazzle's are in the Ash tray.

Good call on the centre console and I've done just that :)

TheTigerUK

Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

normanh

a box of C Clips is handy for the console screws bought mine in Halfrauds ages back. The advantage of these is that the C Clips when place over a worn hole give the screw a new thread. I think I paid about a tenner saves going up in screw size. If the plastics are worn a simple washer cures that.

Norman

Tags: