Will celica 2zz drive shafts fit a 2zz converted MR2 ?

Started by Anon, August 1, 2022, 18:10

Anon

Posting this here as not everyone follows all the car build threads! Sorry to spam....

I have a pair of drive shafts here that are thicker, I suspect they are from the 2zz donor Celica or Corolla etc. (green ones in the photo below).

They are in far better condition to the ones on the car, which have split boots and zero grease in 2 joints.

But it appears that the longer shaft of the pair (drivers side), is slightly longer than the MR2 ones.

The splines all seem the same, the ABS rings measure the same OD.

I've done a bit of googling already but it's hard to see the wood from the trees.

Do Celica T-sport 190bhp vvtli shafts fit an MR2 with 2ZZ engine conversion?

Gaz2405

1zz turbo. Home built and home mapped.

Now 2zz turbo. Home built and home mapped

Build thread https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=67004.0

Gaz mr-s

Beachbum957

Some aftermarket companies in the US list axle dimensions.  The left side listed for the Celica GT (2ZZ) have almost the same specifications and dimensions as the FL MR2 left.  But the specifications show the the right side Celica listed as 27mm longer compressed.  That is quite a bit longer.

Alex Knight

From what I understand, if replacing, FL driveshafts are slightly thicker than PFL?

I've had no issues with my car though. It's had its 2ZZ in for about a decade and still on original PFL shafts.

Tags: