Lights on buzzer not buzzing

Started by Call the midlife!, August 8, 2022, 11:51

Call the midlife!

Can't remember if there should be a boing if I leave the sidelights on with the keys out or not?
And if it's not boinging with the lights on and keys out does anyone have any suggestions other than checking the door close/open button?
I'm sure opening the door triggers the alarm ok so I don't think it's the door switch.
And the reverse beeper works, if it's the same beeper for the lights.
Please and thank you...
60% of the time it works everytime...

Topdownman

Quote from: Call the midlife! on August  8, 2022, 11:51Can't remember if there should be a boing if I leave the sidelights on with the keys out or not?
And if it's not boinging with the lights on and keys out does anyone have any suggestions other than checking the door close/open button?
I'm sure opening the door triggers the alarm ok so I don't think it's the door switch.
And the reverse beeper works, if it's the same beeper for the lights.
Please and thank you...

With the door open and the key in the ignition (lights off) you get an off/on boing (if you see what I mean). With the side lights on and the door open you should have a constant boing....
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Call the midlife!

Yeah, I thought that was the case, it's been a while. I'm not getting either but at least I know I was right in thinking it was wrong...

Joesson

Others on here seek to eliminate such noises!

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Joesson on August  8, 2022, 16:43Others on here seek to eliminate such noises!

Daily drive has auto lights so I'm well out of the habit of turning them off and I drive with sidelights on by nature in the daytime.

Joesson

Quote from: Call the midlife! on August  8, 2022, 16:48Daily drive has auto lights so I'm well out of the habit of turning them off and I drive with sidelights on by nature in the daytime.

As one who struggles to hear the indicator turn signals on my daily and particularly my 2 and has contemplated fitting an auxiliary/ louder turn indicator, but  never got around to it, I accept all the help available in that direction!

TheTigerUK

Quote from: Joesson on August  8, 2022, 19:14As one who struggles to hear the indicator turn signals on my daily and particularly my 2 and has contemplated fitting an auxiliary/ louder turn indicator, but  never got around to it, I accept all the help available in that direction!

I have often thought about asking MrT to do something for me on my daily.
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

Joesson

Quote from: TheTigerUK on August 10, 2022, 08:59I have often thought about asking MrT to do something for me on my daily.

Me T may or may not be prepared to supply and fit that which would unlikely be a  Toyota approved part. If he did it would be at his hourly rates though!
These buzzers are offered on eBay for example and cost from under £5.
It has long been a concern, I remember a colleague fitting an auxiliary buzzer in the late 60's. Another guy removed the radiator fan from his 105e Anglia and fitted an electric motor with a model aircraft propeller and a thermal switch.

Tags: