I really dident need anymore screwdrivers but.................

Started by TheTigerUK, August 10, 2022, 22:28

TheTigerUK

I just couldent resist this. I was passing through my local market and I saw this Makita set on a stall I always check out, I dident need them as I have loads I really do but I like Makita and i thought this set looked great quality and cool so with the wallet £10 lighter, more than I wanted to pay but they did look cool I bought them :)

Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

J88TEO

puma2

:) you can never have enough tools :)
 you need them for each room of the house, garage ,shed , car and each car after that 8)
tools can be a work of art on there own  :))  :)) 

Topdownman

It can be hard to resist tools at times. I recently fell for this kit for just over a tenner, it popped up online at checkout saying you might like this and I did!

I knew it was going to be small (always a warning when they dont give any dimensions!) but I was surprised.

Despite this, I do like it apart from the fact that it is far too easy to accidentally switch direction of the ratchet which is a pain.

And no, I dont have very large hands!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Dev

Makita makes high quality tools. I sold an Makita air compressor two weekends ago that has given me great service.

TheTigerUK

Quote from: Dev on August 11, 2022, 16:51Makita makes high quality tools. I sold an Makita air compressor two weekends ago that has given me great service.

I bought this portable Makita compressor for pumping up tyres, great bit of kit.

Dev

That inflater looks nice and I also have something similar from Milwaukee tools and is one of the reasons why I sold the air compressor because cordless power tools match pneumatic for the home user.
 Milwaukee tools are top notch for their innovation and high output lithium batteries so I'm married to them otherwise Makita would have been the brand I would have gone with just because its a Japanese company that is honest about their quality.

TheTigerUK

My son had a guy come out to my house November 2021 to fetch his motorbike for repair, it had a flat tyre and the guy had a Milwaukee portable compressor and pumped it up, I was sold I wanted one it was really great but then after a bit of "research" I went for the Makita because I have other Makita kit, but the Milwaukee impressed.

J88TEO

I had to go with Ryobi as my work tools are all Ryobi ( bought by people who know nothing about tools! )
Otherwise would have gone with Makita or Milwaukee  :(

Joesson

Sorry, but I'm not convinced as to the practicalities of a rechargeable tyre inflator.

Dev

Quote from: Joesson on August 11, 2022, 20:42Sorry, but I'm not convinced as to the practicalities of a rechargeable tyre inflator.

I have a very good quality digital pneumatic air inflator. The problem is I have to fill the compressor, wait, then I have to undo the hose and trip over it to get it to one of the tires.

The cordless tire inflator uses one of my tool batteries. I just plug in the battery set the air pressure on the control and it stops. Its accuracy tested against a master gauge was -1psi which is good compared to a lot of cheap inflators that are usually off by 2psi. 
 There is no bleeding off of air, just a one button push and you are done.
The other problem with using the compressor is I need a lot of hose length to reach outside if cars not parked in my garage.

This thing is so revolutionary I no longer need a compressor taking up space and my pneumatic tools are now obsolete.

J88TEO

Joesson

My tyre inflator is a 12v, powered via the car cigarette lighter / power socket outlet, digital unit made by Michelin many years ago. I have had it longer than I've had my 2 (since 2011) and it was my eldest brother's before that and it wasn't new when he was given it.
I believe the "repair kit" , that is / was provided with ICE cars in place of a spare wheel, includes a pump with connection required to the car's 12v power outlet.

Dev

Quote from: J88TEO on August 11, 2022, 22:12Cool!
Not seen one like that before.

Even though Milwaukee is a Chinese conglomerate company they do a lot of their design work in the USA with engineers that get great feedback from working professionals. This is why their stuff is very intuitive and most of all useful.

I have a very nice electronic Snap on torque wrench that I bought used however if I was rich I would sell it and get this one even though it is overkill. I believe this uses a tool battery.

TheTigerUK

Quote from: Joesson on August 11, 2022, 20:42Sorry, but I'm not convinced as to the practicalities of a rechargeable tyre inflator.

No need to plug into 12V socket, no cables and great for bike tyres and all sorts of inflatables, one of my favorite tools.

I also have a 12V plug in one that came with a BMW over 20 years ago, quality bit of kit in its day.

Tags: