Beware of China ebay injectors 23250-22040 running rich p0172

Started by Anon, September 8, 2022, 21:54

Anon

Not a plea for help, but a warning and help for others.

I couldn't find my 1zz-fe original injectors, I spent so many hours looking for them. Gave up hope so bought another set on ebay. Lots of quite expensive second hand dirty grim ones, but spotted full sets of new ones for £32 to £50 on ebay and amazong etc. All listed as 23250-22040 Denso OEM injectors. Bought them, delivered in 2 days... laughing!

I fitted them not paying too much attention - they are green they say denso etc.

After a drive I thought it was running a bit rich, the smell gives it away, rougher tick over too. Then on a long cruise got the engine warning light with a fault code for being too rich:-

P0172 System too Rich (Fuel Trim) (Bank 1)

Looking at the fuel trims, they were maxing out the negatives... -25% etc.... and still the lamda was up at 0.95 0.98 etc..... we are running massively rich and the ECU cannot lean it out enough.

Thought I might have knocked the MAF so swapped it with a spare... still the same.

After loads more digging I found my original Toyota Denso 23250-22040 !

Put them in, and the fuel trims dropped to normality. No more rich code etc.

SO BEWARE OF THESE CHINESE COPY FAKE INJECTORS! THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN A DENSO FACTORY - LOOK FOR THE CIRCLES ON THE SIDE FROM THE INJECTION MOULDING EJECTORS PINS. ALSO THE PART NUMBER AND DENSO LOGO IS ON THE WRONG SIDE AND THE NOZZLES LOOK DIFFERENT.

Orange seal and lighter green are the ebay fakes.

Good fuel trims with the original Toyota Denso injectors

Hope this helps someone in the future.

J88TEO

....ditto....
Did the MAF mod with a new set of 2ZZ yellow injectors and they throw up codes P0172 and 0175! Changed the 2 lambda sensors ( used ones ) and they kill these 2 sensors!
Bought a used set of 2ZZ from a FB group seller and fitted them and installed my old sensors, went for a longish drive today and no codes!!!!
Yes, beware of the so-called cheap new Denso injectors!

Alex Knight

Cheap fake parts in poor quality and performance shock! Who'd have thunk it?

Buy cheap, buy twice. This is a false economy my friend.

J88TEO

I know a chap in China who has a factory manufacturing brake parts for big names but also pack them in his own brand. He asked if I can sell for him but trouble is convincing the buyer that they are as good as the OEMs!

Beachbum957

Perhaps the warning should be don't buy unusually cheap parts off eBay.  Counterfeit parts have been around forever, and not all are made in China.

J88TEO

Quote from: Anon on September  9, 2022, 13:21It's all my fault, I'm so stupid.
Same here...I got sucked in with the "genuine Denso" thing! ::)

Joesson

Quote from: J88TEO on September  9, 2022, 14:08Same here...I got sucked in with the "genuine Denso" thing! ::)

Doesn't the  eBay  or Paypal guarantee apply for such circumstances?

Dev

Some like myself take the chance and gamble willingly.
I bought a cheap Chinese cam sensor that I was going to use for diagnosis. I was planing to buy the more expensive OEM one if it does solve the problem because I know the Chinese copy will not last.

What ended up happening is the cam sensor was not spaced correctly and it collided with the index teeth from where the sensor reads using magnetic induction. It ruining my intake cam and I had a much bigger job after that.
 Something as simple as a magnet on a stick they cant get right however I have greatly benefited from a lot of cheap Chinese junk once I modify their shortcomings so its not all bad and thats why keep playing because I have saved more than I have lost.

Tags: