Servicing Mileage

Started by Anonymous, August 13, 2003, 10:14

Anonymous

I'm at 9700 miles so I'm about to book a 10,000 mile service. I was going to ask how much I should be paying but that's been answered above.

Is there anything else I should be wary of? I don't seem to have any of the warranty issues that people keep mentioning (e.g. bubbling alloys). The steering does click very slightly at full lock and I understand this is a known problem with the suspension top mounts. How bad should this be before it's replaced? I have to say it's very very minor on my car - does it get worse?

Thanks in advance  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

It might get worse. When it happened to me, it pretty much happened overnight, so I can't really say if there ia s rule of thumb on this.

As for no wartranty issues, surely you should be happy about this?!!!  s:D :D s:D

dimwit

amr2, glad to hear you got your handbreak adjusted, my mrs still has to use two hands to pull her's up!..  otherwise the '2 disappears down a hill if she forgets to put it in gear  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Dimwit

I know just what you mean!!

Can't get used to this working handbrake, but do I trust it??

Still not convinced!

My last toy car was a Caterham with the handbrake lever located down by the passengers feet!  Great design.    With full harness belts on, it was impossible to apply it!!

I am now so used to putting car into gear, whilst applying the hand brake, it all comes to me as second nature.

Hardcore, if you are reading this... I located the cable ties you mentioned that pull the hood tight, but they were as retracted as they could be.  I might try detaching them and putting new ones in their place, adjusting the various straps at the same time to tighten up the whole effort.

Watch this space....

Andrew

Tags: