Roadster Restomod Build - What would a Toyota Factory 2ZZ Roaster have looked like?

Started by LeEdFollow, January 2, 2023, 09:40

Petrus

Quote from: LeEdFollow on January 23, 2023, 09:46So I've finished the rust removal/painting/undersealing to half way down the car :)

Just now need to tackle the rust in the rear of the sils (which will require some welding) and then the rust in the engine bay either side of the exhaust.

Fitted all my Cusco braces (Front Strut, Rear Strut and Centre Breatplate) and that's add 3kgs to the car. But I'll get that back plus more by removing the stock intake pipework and the stock exhaust system (plus heat shield)

Thumbs up for the derusting and conservation!

So... you managed to make the car héavier sofar  ;) Just teasing ;D 

Again. Do look around at this forum about the intake. OEM is pretty good.

LeEdFollow

Cheers. Will be ditching the intake tube in the passenger rear wing when I have that off the car to do the new exhaust/rear rust.

Will need to go for a different intake though once the 2ZZ is in to the make sure it doesn't run too rich/lean. From reading up on it the standard 1ZZ airbox can't flow enough for the 2ZZ's high rpm breathing.

Petrus

Quote from: LeEdFollow on January 24, 2023, 19:03Cheers. Will be ditching the intake tube in the passenger rear wing when I have that off the car to do the new exhaust/rear rust.

Will need to go for a different intake though once the 2ZZ is to the make sure it doesn't run too rich/lean. From reading up on it the standard 1ZZ airbox can't flow enough for the 2ZZ's high rpm breathing.

De-restricting the elbow on the filter housing is a good idea. Be aware though that deleting the duct in the mudguard means the entry will be behind the rear lamp unit and that is a lót dirtier are than behind the battery where the duct takes it from.

The 2ZZ ok, but the 1ZZ is best with the OEM box.