Cam lifter buckets

Started by maffiozo1234, January 19, 2023, 11:40

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

maffiozo1234

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know where I can get new Cam buckets? I've got a tapping in one of exhaust buckets that I want to get rid of.

I know they are preshimmed, I know how to ascertain what code of bucket I need, just not where to get them.

Thanks

Call the midlife!

Direct from Toyota for new ones mainly, you could try Paul at TCB Parts, Fensport used to supply them for around £38 a pop but not sure if they still do.
Otherwise if you list the sizes you need then maybe someone on here might have some used ones lying around.
We tend to measure on the tight side with the micrometers so bear that in mind.👍🏻
60% of the time it works everytime...

maffiozo1234

Quote from: Call the midlife! on January 19, 2023, 12:29Direct from Toyota for new ones mainly, you could try Paul at TCB Parts, Fensport used to supply them for around £38 a pop but not sure if they still do.
Otherwise if you list the sizes you need then maybe someone on here might have some used ones lying around.
We tend to measure on the tight side with the micrometers so bear that in mind.👍🏻

Excellent, thanks for that. I'd assume that Toyota wouldn't make them anymore

Call the midlife!

That's definitely a possibility, they might just be using the remaining stock by now but the 1zz is in such a large part of Toyota's product range they may still manufacture them.
60% of the time it works everytime...

Carolyn

#4
The club has a 'bucket bank'.  If you figure out what sizes you need, there's a good chance we'll have them.

You pay for postage and return the ones you've taken out.

If you look in the 'how to section' you'll find all the info you need.

You'll need to lift the cams.  Measure all your clearances first and note them down in a little spreadsheet.  That way, when you get the cams out you can lift each bucket, check it's size and figure out the size of the replacement.

https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=65009.0

PM me with the sizes.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

maffiozo1234

Quote from: Carolyn on January 19, 2023, 12:51The club has a 'bucket bank'.  If you figure out what sizes you need, there's a good chance we'll have them.

You pay for postage and return the ones you've taken out.

If you look in the 'how to section' you'll find all the info you need.

You'll need to lift the cams.  Measure all your clearances first and note them down in a little spreadsheet.  That way, when you get the cams out you can lift each bucket, check it's size and figure out the size of the replacement.

https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=65009.0

PM me with the sizes.

Excellent, thank you for letting me know.

maffiozo1234

Quote from: Carolyn on January 19, 2023, 12:51The club has a 'bucket bank'.  If you figure out what sizes you need, there's a good chance we'll have them.

You pay for postage and return the ones you've taken out.

If you look in the 'how to section' you'll find all the info you need.

You'll need to lift the cams.  Measure all your clearances first and note them down in a little spreadsheet.  That way, when you get the cams out you can lift each bucket, check it's size and figure out the size of the replacement.

https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=65009.0

PM me with the sizes.

I have noticed that this how to has skipped the step of using feeler gauges under the cams to figure out the correct bucket that is needed.

Carolyn

Quote from: maffiozo1234 on January 20, 2023, 14:26I have noticed that this how to has skipped the step of using feeler gauges under the cams to figure out the correct bucket that is needed.

No it's in the fourth paragraph!
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

maffiozo1234

Quote from: Carolyn on January 20, 2023, 14:53No it's in the fourth paragraph!

I didnt notice until after I posted, was confused while reading the bullet points as didnt see it.

Carolyn

The buckets have numbers on them on the underside.  Say you have #42 and you want a .05 thicker bucket, you'll need a #47.

Simples!
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

J88TEO

Will be doing mine when the weather warms up....