How much should I expect to get the pre-cats gutted?

Started by Asura, January 30, 2023, 15:22

Joesson

Quote from: Petrus on January 31, 2023, 15:29The points were more of a bugger for the plugs.
Also the burning of nore oil did not help. Modern engines run/burn a lót cleaner.
That observed the material quality and manufacturing of spark plugs has eveolved markedly even though they look the same.

Points were a bugger all round!

Petrus

Quote from: Joesson on January 31, 2023, 15:41Points were a bugger all round!

They do/did have the relative up side of being by and large fixeable at the road side. That of course does not take into account how much more often they gave issues the ´relaive´ hence   :))

The modern quality/reliability of the spark plug has robbed car racing teams from the previously universal excuse for technical failure  ;)

Asura

Hi guys, sticking to this thread in terms of servicing etc, should i be worried about the the paint bubbles /rust here? They're also on the other side around the same location

I had a look at rusts around, door sills, rear arches, rear control arms and radiators.Tthey seem okay. I'm aware that I'd need to remove the rear arches to fully investigate, which I will when I get it in for servicing this friday.

Call the midlife!

Sorry to say but that's probably best sorted with a pair of replacement quarter panels.
Road filth builds up inside the panels, trapped by the arch liners and potentially your drain holes are also blocked so the roof drains are filling the panels with water as well.
I'd start by pulling the arch liners away and clearing all the filth out and seeing how bad they are on the inside.
60% of the time it works everytime...

Asura

Quote from: Call the midlife! on February  8, 2023, 23:36Sorry to say but that's probably best sorted with a pair of replacement quarter panels.
Road filth builds up inside the panels, trapped by the arch liners and potentially your drain holes are also blocked so the roof drains are filling the panels with water as well.
I'd start by pulling the arch liners away and clearing all the filth out and seeing how bad they are on the inside.

No problem, will have a look at it tomorrow during my service.

Asura

i got my car back from servicing and the mechanic pretty much said

- i need to get a new rear subframe

- rusts underneath needs wire brushing and sealing

I'm going to check more on the rust tomorrow.

I want to get your guys opinion on whether or not if itll be worth doing these? I intend on keeping the car for a while and selling my old daily driver to do the repairs for the rear subframe.

I had a good drive today and i loved it, the feel etc.

I mean the mechanic hasnt said anything beyond that and suggested the next steps on sorting the issue so I guess its not bad?

Tags: