Exhaust Mid pipe

Started by maffiozo1234, February 10, 2023, 13:56

maffiozo1234

Hi all,

Im looking for a new midpipe for my MR2. Previous owner has put on a very cheap full sports exhaust but the 90 in the midpipe (where the 02 sensor is) keeps cracking as its not a clean roll its a folded roll 90.

Does this one ive found online seem too cheap to be true? Im happy to go back to stock as its a bit too larey for me anyway.

https://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/car-parts/Toyota/MR2/1.8L/Petrol/Premium/Exhausts/Catalytic-Converters/TOY1010/1/34?gclid=CjwKCAiA85efBhBbEiwAD7oLQMxJZFO2zoeMip6ehi-i_uOZrSevj_tpGAmwRRI2t6chCW5dOr1_IBoCXRkQAvD_BwE

TIA

Call the midlife!

That does seem cheap and with only a line drawn diagram, no photo of the item, you're buying blind in terms of quality and finish.
But someone always has to go first around here 😂
60% of the time it works everytime...

maffiozo1234

Quote from: Call the midlife! on February 10, 2023, 14:17That does seem cheap and with only a line drawn diagram, no photo of the item, you're buying blind in terms of quality and finish.
But someone always has to go first around here 😂

I've seen a couple with the exact same style of listing but for more then double. If the precats were still there id get a catless one but I don't want to fully decat my road car.

Call the midlife!

To be fair, the precats do very little anyway in terms of reducing the pollutant levels so it would be a straightforward decision whether to go catless or not.
You're going to struggle come MOT time if you don't have a cat to fit at least.
60% of the time it works everytime...

thetyrant

Get one from Cats2u here https://www.cats2u.co.uk/3267-18

If your car is post 2002 you will either need to pay the extra for Type approved version or give them a reg number from an earlier car then they will sell you the non-type approved which is cheaper, both fit and work  no problems but type approved is meant to be better quality cat inside hence extra cost.

Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

Joesson

@maffiozo1234

After looking at the link I noticed the very limited 200/2001 models that cat suits.
When I put my 2002 reg in it came up with other items c/w photos at various prices!
I did notice they also offer a replacement precat section @ £241.32.

Tags: