Polybushes

Started by marculos, March 3, 2023, 20:16

marculos

Anyone polybushed front/rear suspension arm on road car?. All my bushes have done nearly 100k so might benefit from refresh. Or too hard for road car ?

Ardent

Not done myself.
But for road oem like. Super pro seem to be the Bush of choice.
I would love to replace with toyota own bushes. But not an option.
And not buying arms to renew a bush.

Dev

As Ardent mentioned Superpro is the way to go. They are researched to be direct replacements for the OEM bushings. They are not race bushings which are too stiff for road use. The advantage with the Superpro over OEM rubber is longevity. It keeps that new car ride longer.

Joesson

Quote from: Dev on March  3, 2023, 22:34As Ardent mentioned Superpro is the way to go. They are researched to be direct replacements for the OEM bushings. They are not race bushings which are too stiff for road use. The advantage with the Superpro over OEM rubber is longevity. It keeps that new car ride longer.

That was my decision after much consideration and purchasing, and returning, after market rubber bushes for the front wishbones.
The fitting of the bushes remains work in progress, the coming spring will, see a resumption.
TCB Toyota parts was my supplier of choice and particularly good value for necessary  fixing bolts.

Dev

Quote from: Joesson on March  4, 2023, 01:39That was my decision after much consideration and purchasing, and returning, after market rubber bushes for the front wishbones.
The fitting of the bushes remains work in progress, the coming spring will, see a resumption.
TCB Toyota parts was my supplier of choice and particularly good value for necessary  fixing bolts.

I'm looking forward to your impressions. Initially the new bushings will seem a little stiff than what it was before and that is because it will be a stark contrast to your old bushings which were probably tired. It will be the same as if you replaced them with OEM rubber bushings. One of the many things I like about the new ride is the firmness that disappears within 20k miles and then becomes worse however urethane bushings last a lot longer and progressively loses a little overtime.

Nvy

I have full kit superpro and koni inserts plus Eibach springs. My car drives as good as my mazda 6 sedan. Had Meisters prior to switching back to konis and the ride was a bit harsh on bad roads.

marculos

Options are then superpro, poluybush see below, or new hardrace arms. 
https://mr2-ben.co.uk/products/603

What I would like is someone to fit the new bushes and refurb the arms as they are very scabby, or I could replace with hardrace arms, anyone know who could do this for me in east midlands ?

Gaz mr-s

Quote from: marculos on March  4, 2023, 08:43Options are then superpro, poluybush see below, or new hardrace arms. 

What I would like is someone to fit the new bushes and refurb the arms as they are very scabby, or I could replace with hardrace arms, anyone know who could do this for me in east midlands ?

MR2Ben is usually more expensive than anywhere else.  2nd recommendation for TCB

boor

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on March  4, 2023, 11:05MR2Ben is usually more expensive than anywhere else.  2nd recommendation for TCB

+1
Was not happy with part condition and price for MR2Ben.
Daily: Fiat Tipo SW
Project: 03 Facelift Mr2 Roadster 2zz (Greddy Supercharger, meth injection, Apexi PFC, MWR pulleys, EBC brakes+braided lines, K&N+feed, custom mani+decat+dual TTE, full TTE bodykit+ARBs+interior, Enkei's and lots more...

Dev

Quote from: marculos on March  4, 2023, 08:43Options are then superpro, poluybush see below, or new hardrace arms. 

That is an interesting new offering of poly bushings from Polybush which are elusively manufactured in the UK.
 I did some research on the company and they seem to be legit but there are two things that concern me.

1. Apparently they have two different grades of bushing options for other cars but for ours it is only the performance version which is going to be tighter than OEM which is not a bad thing as I would be interested since my roads are very smooth but if you have rough roads it might not be what you want.

2. Nowhere in the installation instructions it says to use lubricant and the bushings do not have channels to distribute lubricant like the Superpro. One of the drawbacks of poly bushings is they can be noisy and require frequent lubrication but the better ones like Superpro with the lubricant they provide and design of the bushing to capture it is squeak free. It is possible with newer formulations of urethane chemistry over the many years they have solved the lubricant issue and dont require it. In the past some of the poly manufactures used impregnated graphite but it was a disaster as they fell apart. 

If you could make an inquiry on the lubricant issue with the company that would be great. Otherwise Superpro is considered to be one of the best poly bushings manufactures and it is proven on many cars already without issues. 

Alex Knight

Every bush on my car has been replaced with bushes from Polybush.co.uk

Zero issues, no additional NVH.

Dev

Did you install the Polybush brand bushings for the rear of the car. If so did you lubricate them and if not were they noisy.
 I remember that thread and the big front bushing doesn't give me much confidence. The Superpro version is much better since it is encased and tightly fitted. Most dont know that Whiteline poly bushings are sourced from Superpro as well as some other rebranded bushings. 

Dev

Quote from: Alex Knight on March  4, 2023, 15:31Every bush on my car has been replaced with bushes from Polybush.co.uk

Zero issues, no additional NVH.

Same question any squeaks. The reason I ask is I am interested in something that is harder than the Superpro.

Alex Knight

Quote from: Dev on March  4, 2023, 16:25Same question any squeaks. The reason I ask is I am interested in something that is harder than the Superpro.

Nope, zero squeaks.

jvanzyl

Quote from: Alex Knight on March  4, 2023, 20:08Nope, zero squeaks.

My car is there same- fully bushed with polybushes, very braced and coil overs.

No squeaks.

Iain

I have polybushes all round. 2 years in, countless trackdays with no problems and no squeaks.

mr9

Anyone got a recomendation for someone who will fit the bushes? CBA/don't have the time myself

Tags: