Glue for hood repair

Started by BARNPOT2000, June 6, 2023, 20:45

BARNPOT2000

I've just noticed that some of the internal hood material behind the drivers seat has become detached. Does anyone have any recommendations for a suitable adhesive to repair it please?
TF099 silver

normanh

Not sure what piece you referring to? The headline is stitched on one edge and has a plastic strip that slides into the from. The quarter behind each seat is rivited to the frame on one edge, not to sure how the other side is fitted but I suspect it slides on the the bar. Cant think of anywhere where the liner is glued.

Norman

BARNPOT2000

Quote from: normanh on June  7, 2023, 15:05Not sure what piece you referring to? The headline is stitched on one edge and has a plastic strip that slides into the from. The quarter behind each seat is rivited to the frame on one edge, not to sure how the other side is fitted but I suspect it slides on the the bar. Cant think of anywhere where the liner is glued.

Norman
Sorry, I've not described it well.

TF099 silver

paulj

Ive used stormseal seam sealer on my pockets to good effect.  Based on your photo some stormseal on a material patch would stick that back together.  You may be able to get packs with patches in them.  Wear gloves, not nice stuff on skin.
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

Call the midlife!

Quote from: BARNPOT2000 on June  7, 2023, 16:53Sorry, I've not described it well.

From memory I'm fairly sure that's velcroed together so looks like it's one of the velcro patches come unstuck.
60% of the time it works everytime...

BARNPOT2000

Quote from: Call the midlife! on June  7, 2023, 22:23From memory I'm fairly sure that's velcroed together so looks like it's one of the velcro patches come unstuck.
Thanks, yes looks like velcro. I'll need a decent adhesive to keep it in place in the future 😉.
TF099 silver

BARNPOT2000

Looking closer at that photo I need to give the inside a spring clean 😂, how embarrassing 😟.
TF099 silver

Tags: