1/4 Mile Run Times

Started by Anonymous, August 13, 2003, 15:24

Anonymous

Has anyone here done any timed runs with a standard car?

I'd be interested to see times and speeds etc

Cheers

James.

Anonymous

http://www.fast-autos.net quotes the 1/4 mile time as 15.2 secs @ 88mph.  Not sure how accurate that is though.

Hope4Sun

Check the link on my site to the Banazi 1/4 mile thrash, i was not driving my car that day and it was wet, only had the Postert exhaust and TRD replacment panel filter, my mate manged (wheel spins an all) 15.5 secs @ 88mph, that was with heavy 17" alloys, hard top fitted and ton of jackets, etc in the car, so i would say for stock it sounds about right  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

Only had my car a couple of months and ran the quarter mile down at Santa Pod on a RWYB (June 2002) against a '92 2.0Gti MR2 in 15.5 seconds, my friend in the MkII was 0.02 seconds quicker, but from the start he was no where to be seen!!! Great fun...

Anonymous

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com

Matt is keeping a 1/4 mile "database".

He has not updated it in quite a while.  My best 1/4 mile is 14.398 and should be able to break into the 13s soon... N/A and not touching the internals at all.

Slacey

Now I've got my G-Tech, when I have found somewhere suitable to do the run, I'll report back with a time.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I usually do at least one in both directions unless I know the road is very level and there is no wind.  I also let the car cool down for about 20 minutes in between runs (like you would on a dyno).  Launch technique is a big factor.  You probably know all this.

Anonymous

1/8th Mile

9.6 with 2.06 60 Foot - Bone Stock

Anonymous

That's a pretty good time, shaves a 10th off the stock monkeywrench best.

Anonymous

My car now has Team Moons and I think is capable of running a 9.3. I had a filthy MAF sensor  and it was my second time ever running the car when I got those times.

MRMike

I've done a 9.3 seconds for 1/8 mile with full tank of 95 petrol, and luggage.  TTE and Blitz induction element.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Here are mine some of which had my wife in the car (a good 18st but great with it  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ), obviously the first and last run i was on my todd  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

m http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/select_ru ... e=20040613 m

This is with the extra weight of bodykit, minus Main cat, filter box and with top secret exhaust.

My reaction time on the 15.1 sec 1/4 mile is over 1 sec!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Your looking at 14 sec best without ECU or Turbo  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Really would like have a go @ getting a time for myself.

I'm sure I saw 22 seconds quoted somewhere in a car mag!

I reckon I might be able to beat that...

Anonymous

Mine is going to the dyno in a couple of weeks to give me my current bhp, and i'll also do other runs.

Not that mine is a stock car but,before the 2.0L conversion takes effect, it will be my contribution to show the difference from 6.5psi up to 9.5psi runs, turbo'd.

May help others to decide to join the party!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

My car stock ran a

2.006 60 Foot
9.51 1/8th Mile

getting better... than my engine blew  s:( :( s:(

Tags: