3 into 2 WILL go!

Started by Rogue, June 18, 2005, 11:21

SteveJ

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Jap GT300"So how does it drive?  You can't tell me you've still not taken it out!

doesn't look in any shape yet, the supsension looks incomplete

The suspension is complete (It's actually totally stock MR-S). The car is out for the body kit to be fitted and painted next week, then IIRC from spending the day with Patrick & Matt yesterday, the engine electrics need to be hooked up and the turbo piping fitted.

Basically the car will be ready for it's unveiling at JAE and given the pace at which things are progressing test runs will be happening well before then.

Rogue

Quote from: "kanujunkie"doesn't look in any shape yet, the supsension looks incomplete

It's not yet ready (although the suspension was one of the first things completed - adjustable TRD Sportivo all round, despite what Steve says!). The RogueCam looks interesting today...

http://81.179.25.53/

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rogue

kanujunkie

Quote from: "SteveJ"Basically the car will be ready for it's unveiling at JAE and given the pace at which things are progressing test runs will be happening well before then.

cool!  s8) 8) s8)  

can't wait to see it and hear it
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

SteveJ

Quote from: "Rogue"[adjustable TRD Sportivo all round, despite what Steve says

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Sorry - what I meant was the arms / mount points / hubs are all stock - I forgot about the sportivo struts and ARB  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

markiii

Sportivo ARB?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SteveJ

Quote from: "markiii"Sportivo ARB?

A nti
R oll
B ar

Just like we fitted to your car  s:D :D s:D

markiii

aha  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

heathstimpson

Look forward to seeing that monster when complete:wink:   s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Chris

Quote from: "Rogue"The RogueCam looks interesting today...

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rogue

Just a black mk2 being worked on today...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Rogue

Quote from: "Chris"
Quote from: "Rogue"The RogueCam looks interesting today...

Just a black mk2 being worked on today...

That's the thing with live cameras... You have to be there at the time!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I was refitting the Fortune kit ready to take the car away for painting. Unfortunately, this made the car too wide for the trailer so I had to take it all off again to be assembled at it's destination...

Rogue

so.simple

Any progress on this?   s:) :) s:)
Carlos

Rogue

Lol! It's been nearly a year since the last update....

I've got loads of excuses as to why this project isn't finished, but cheif amongst is the fact that I'll always shunt my own project to the bottom of the pile in favour of a customer's car.

We built the car up into a semi-finished state for last year's JAE - some of you will have seen it. We have all of the bodywork we need, gear linkages are now sorted, water system needs some off-the-shelf couplers, chargecooler is installed, uprated fuel system is in, exhaust needs some fab work, turbo needs some fittings, standalone ECU needs wiring in... It's all just little bits that need finishing off. It shouldn't be long now.

Here's a pic of the body fitted for those that haven't seen it:

Mmmmm... Wiiiiiide....

Rogue

heathstimpson

Look forward to seeing the finished product at this years JAE Patrick  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

so.simple

I love the veilside kit, except for the front bumper.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Now that I have a Turbo SW20 with about 244whp, I'm in love with the engine, but miss the driving pleasure that I had from my ZZW30... Putting the two together... That has got to be absolutely mind-blowing!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Congratulations.    s:D :D s:D  

P.S.: I miss my roadster.
Carlos

Rogue

Quote from: "so.simple"Now that I have a Turbo SW20 with about 244whp, I'm in love with the engine, but miss the driving pleasure that I had from my ZZW30... Putting the two together... That has got to be absolutely mind-blowing!

That's what I thought, except we got a bit carried away sellotaping bits and bobs on as we went. There's now a hybrid GT28 ball bearing turbo on there, which along with fuelling, cooling and engine management mods will see in excess of 300whp in initial trim. We've designed some of the systems to be modular and easily detached, which means we can change the engine out quickly if we want to use it for development work. We have 3SGTE based projects underway at the moment specced for in excess of 600BHP, and there's no reason why we couldn't simply swap the engines over if we so desired.

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Rogue

Rogue

I should just add, I'm ditching the TRD Sportivo's in favour of Tein Superstreets and EDFC, so if anyone's interested in the TRD stuff drop me a line.

I'll upgrade to the Flex kit when that's available (imminently) which means there'll likely be a barely touch SuperStreet kit available soon too!

Rogue

so.simple

I have a stupid/evil smile on my face just for imagining that.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

All that power in a stock looking '2... That would be even better. Can only imagine the faces on the s2000's owners at the trackdays.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Your car Sir, is Elite.   s8) 8) s8)
Carlos

philster_d

Rogue did you go any further with the brakes upgrade idea ?

Rogue

Quote from: "philster_d"Rogue did you go any further with the brakes upgrade idea ?

Oh yes! I'll nip out and take some pictures this morning - they've been fitted to the VM180 on trial for the last couple of months.

Rogue

filcee

Just out of interest, how do the corner weights and front/rear weight distribution compare to a stock Mk3, and a turbo kitted Mk3?
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Tags: