Do you get any problems with both 17" alloys and it lowered   s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "RedRaceR"
Quote from: "Tem"You need to lower the car!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

yeah, 17's and lowering springs do wonders

Do you get any problems with both 17" alloys and it lowered   s:?: :?: s:?:

If you're talking about rubbing, then no. no problems at all. though ground clearance is an issue let me tell ya   s:) :) s:)   (but that coz of the trial kit)

and I'm running 215/40 in the front and 235/40 in the rear, 7x17 ET42.

spynish

Hi mates!!!

Dyno today...  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  
Can show it now because I won't have it till tomorrow, and tomorrow I'm on my way home, but I'll try to...  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

But I could tell you that 191 whp at 0.3 Bar is not bad, is it?  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  
Imagine at 0.6 or 0.7...  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

spit

Woo-Hoo!!!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

philster_d

How much Euros ?    s:) :) s:)

kanujunkie

dribble, dribble, want........one.........now..................
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

spynish

Hi again mates,

At home now!
Now after near 3000 km of kit testing I can talk a bit more about the kit. Still running stock injectors since bigger ones didn't arrive on time, but I'm waiting for them. In my opinion bigger injectors are a must, I mean you can run with the stock ones at this boost (0.3 Bar) but, you have to keep an eye on exhaust gas temp. cause at high rpm ca be dangerous.
In fourth gear the stock injectors max out at 6400 rpm, which is closer to the rpm limit but, in fifth (2000 model) you arrive to 850ºC before 6000 rpm (like 5700), and you shouldn't pass that limit.

So, stock injectors are in its limit, I highly recommend upgrade.

We had little problems while drivind back home  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  , minor ones but a pity... We had a leak in the joint between cat and downpipe and this leak was causing CEL's, we tried to repair it with aluminium tape we bought in a Petrol station, and it broke more than once. Finally we fix it strong and it kept till home.

Other problem we had (not related with turbo though) were tyres. When we leave Budapest, they had 43000 Km and they weren't very good but I thought that good enough to arrive home...
What a big mistake, look how wheels ended, we really had a bad time in Austria, at night and raining a lot...

And now the pleasant part: It's great how fast is the car, we have really made good cruising speeds  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

And you should hear the BOV, it's just incredible. Seems like a bus opening doors  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Car is really fast now, I most like how it accelerates from stop  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  
I'm going to make some videos with sound in order you can feel what I'm talking about  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

i've got to say Spyni, over here in the uk you've caused a lot of talk about how impressive the C2 development has been, Gaspar is probably near God status and the kit is held in high regard, great to hear you got her home safley, give or take a set of wheels,injectors and a gasket, no great worries though, please do let us know how you get on in day to day life with that much power.
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Congrats!!!!, glad to hear from you, you made it safe back, risky trip because with new power I bet you crossed half Europe like Alonso. How many speeding tickets to add to the kit cost????   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Man, thought slicks were not permited anymore in Formula 1, bet ya had scary fun sliping and sliding through Austria. Had the same feeling 2 years ago when pouring so bad in south Portugal, 15 - 20 hydroplaning.

Get to see that in person, you're a teaser. First 15 days of october will be in Marbella, we MUST meet!!!

Have fun, drive safe, and remember...No Cop, No Stop.

Warning ya'll, if visit Spain watch out, plenty of fixed radars

Chris

finally relented and gave into temptation to read this thread...

Although i'm slightly confused by some of the pics (it's not easy to picture where they are) it looks an impressive install!  Shame that the exhaust had to move, as it looked really neat/different at the bottom.

So, another turbo to add to the growing list to resist...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Hy everybody,
Sorry for not joining the thread before, I was just too busy with finishing the Mr2 kit for you guys...... NOW I am here in this forum as well and will try to answer any questions.
The most important thing about our company is that we do try to support our costumers if needed even after the purchase. We think a turbo kit is a big investment in your car and you allways want to feel safe with back up, questions, problems or warranty issues. We also think that our costumers are our best teachers to make any changes or to learn how to make kits better.
We make our kits for stock so turnaround time after order is usually 2 weeks after the money is payed.

The MR2 kits are basically 2 stages.
The non intercooled is made for less expenses as possible. Easy fast install and it is made till the end of the dp. You will need to cut and weld on a new flange for the stocl exhoust to match our dp.

The intercooled verison will also have a flexi section installed in the exhoust to prevent vibration coused problems.
However we can also make the 1st setup for order (IC is up Exhoust in the buttom) as it was almost in production. This is probably good for those guys who installing costum (huge) IC and modifying the rear bumper for better flow.

The kits are at the moment in production for our stock the only thing is missing is a stabile supplier for bigger injectors. ( the stock injectors just maxing out at the power of 185whp)
I hope Matt at MWR will soon have a chance to see our kit personally so it gives you a better idea for us and future costumers as well. In my personal view they are the only company I trust in relation of the 1zzfe or 2zzge engines and turbo kits. So if they like our kits you might also purchase it thru them for the same price (and shipping) as we sell.

I personally own a celica GT with our st3 turbo kit and a lots of mods under the hood wich would be a too long list to be detailed. I hope you dony mind a celica owner  cheers

spit

Welcome on board Gaspar, and congratulations to you and the guys for getting this far so quickly.
Let us know when the injector supply issues are resolved.
Quote from: "Chris"Shame that the exhaust had to move, as it looked really neat/different at the bottom.
Its good to see the option being reintroduced, but the mods required to get good flow across the IC will probably be quite extensive, even with a bigger unit.

Gas, can you post Spyni's dyno plot? - I appreciate its stock injectors and low boost, but still would be useful to see.
Ste

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"Welcome on board Gaspar, and congratulations to you and the guys for getting this far so quickly.
Let us know when the injector supply issues are resolved.
Quote from: "Chris"Shame that the exhaust had to move, as it looked really neat/different at the bottom.
Its good to see the option being reintroduced, but the mods required to get good flow across the IC will probably be quite extensive, even with a bigger unit.

Gas, can you post Spyni's dyno plot? - I appreciate its stock injectors and low boost, but still would be useful to see.
Ste

Thnx Spit, I will solve the injector question fast...
to be honest the IC was nice on the first setup but there is just no airflow at all. I could feel serious difference with the moved IC. I am getting Spynish dyno tomorrow, as the company never emailed us as it was promised. I go and make pics or have it printed.
The car was getting dangerously lean with  the stock injectors at 0,3 bar but even that low and lean it did 191whp wich was ~10whp more what we expected at that boost range. It is a great feeling when something becomes even better then you planned.  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Here is the dyno I could get it today. And here is the afr map. As you can see it has the rev limiter at 6250rpm as it was not calibrated well on the dyno. So you can add 6-7% more whp to the final number.

spit

Cheers Gas. Impressive if thats 0.3 Bar (it is, isn't it?) For those of us not yet working in metric:
130.7 kW = 175.3 HP
(+9% gives the previously quoted 191, so does your comment mean we expect a little less now?)
224.3 NM = 165.4 ft.lb torque
Its a very smooth power curve - hope that doesn't make it boring    s:!: :!: s:!:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
0.85 Lambda = 12.5:1 AFR
Seems to hold itself nicely in the power AFR too (or is that just a bit too close to running rich? - I bow to those in the know for clarification)
Ste

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"Cheers Gas. Impressive if thats 0.3 Bar (it is, isn't it?) For those of us not yet working in metric:
130.7 kW = 175.3 HP
(+9% gives the previously quoted 191, so does your comment mean we expect a little less now?)
224.3 NM = 165.4 ft.lb torque
Its a very smooth power curve - hope that doesn't make it boring    s:!: :!: s:!:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Seems to hold itself nicely in the power AFR too (or is that just a bit too close to running rich? - I bow to those in the know for clarification)
Ste

Well that should only be 6-7% added so basically it is 188whp "only" as we did the calculation by head after the dyno (dyno measures torqu and then multiplies with rpm so if it was right then of course at rev limit the rpm should be 6700rpm that makes the difference).
Yes it was only 0.3 bar as any higher would not measurable as the stock injectors were running 100% after 6300rpm. Yes the AFR was at the limit getting dangerous (you mean lean IMO). As you know we are adding the Celica GTS injectors but they did not arrive in time to be there at the dyno. My estimate was ~180whp before the dyno.

spynish

Hi mates!

Time for an update. Waiting for injectors, and new downpipe since still having the joint problem (with a flexible part), hope they are sent this week  s:D :D s:D .

Meanwhile enjoy some videos:

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=tramofinal

Think need more road...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  :

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=pistaaa

And my favourite, flying with my 2  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  :

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=saltomr2toni34

I definetly love this car!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Anonymous

Nice videos Spynish. I can see you are having fun  s;) ;) s;)  (thats turboed life)

We added the flexi section to the IC version, so the final DP looks like this:

spynish

Sure you like it as much as me!   s:D :D s:D  
Shipment tomorrow, excited again!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

spit

That should sort it for you Spyni!

spynish

Hi again guys!

What do you think of installing some fan like this to take out the maximum heat possible from the engine bay? (imagine here in Spain in August, it's easy to make a barbecue in the rear hood   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ).
I've seen this suction fan, which is a big one and has a great capacity (4000m3/h).

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=134385S&a=i

Or would be better for cooling air going inside engine with two fans in the rear of the IC, like Hass has?

Any idea/experience?

Thanks

philster_d

My idea is to get a fan of some description on the back of the IC

Phil

dreambackup

can't really read a dyno graph but it seems the power comes very (too?) hard between around 1500 rpm & 2500 rpm... all that power (with all that torque coming on strong too) under 2500 rpm??? WTF??? you gotta be careful under the rain, buddy  s:? :? s:?
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

philster_d

RWD in the rain high power, thats the whole point    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

dreambackup

Quote from: "philster_d"RWD in the rain high power, thats the whole point    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
yes but the car has to be drivable too  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I have to find a dyno chart from an original Maserati biturbo, must be similar  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Tags: