GUESS WHO... (C2 Power Turbo kit)

Started by spynish, June 22, 2005, 13:48

LeeUK

What other colours do they do, do they do a nice metallic red?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

spit

Quote from: "LeeUK"What other colours do they do, do they do a nice metallic red?
Listed colours are:

Satin black 1000 Satin black for performance engines  
Polished 760 Cermakrome  
Matt colours 650 Aluminium,cast iron,blue-grey & dark blue  
Gloss colours 600 Red, white, blue, gold, silver,purple, yellow              

Details at http://www.camcoat.u-net.com/
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

spit

Quote from: "spit".....but I'll post pics as soon as I've figured out how to get access to my NTL webspace!! (anyone know??)

Still no joy with NTL, but managed to get this hosted by a mate......Dinky-do  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

spynish

Nice work spit!

Like the black IC!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

LeeUK

Very nice!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

spynish

Hi all, time for a little update!

Following Spit advice, I have recently made the 2 to 1 O2 sensors conversion, and I'm very happy with the results!  s:D :D s:D  

In all the time I've had my MR2 turbo (more than 6 months and 13000 km), I have seen 2 type of CEL's. One of them is "too rich" and the other one about "cat efficiency". I focused on the too rich one and have been trying to solve it, since I thought the other one should be related with this one.

I have been trying to correct the emanage map with Gaspar help, but it didn't work perfectly. From time to time the problem appeared again. And also had noticed a kind of engine bogging between idle revs and 2500 rpms.

Well, my problem wasn't so accentuated like spit one but it seems it was just the same. For some reason, ECU was reading different values in the 2 precat sensors and somehow was a little mad sometimes. In fact, sometimes car was really rich (very noticeble lack of power in the low rpm range) due to this super rich problem (I think because of the safety mode after reading lean values).

So, following spit instructions, I first used a resistor to read from only one O2 sensor, but resistor got really hot and although it seems it holds quite long, looked like burnt bacon...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

So I changed the config and reweld the black cables to the O2 sensor and connected it in the dp hole, to leave a hole for a wideband (yeah, still don't have it...  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) beside the O2 sensor (similar readings, doing it this way)

And here are the pics:

Left cable running to the downpipe

And the weldings!  s:D :D s:D  

P.S: Many thanks to all that help me in the turbo conversion fight...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: