GUESS WHO... (C2 Power Turbo kit)

Started by spynish, June 22, 2005, 13:48

spynish

The piece where the lamp is will be put appart:

aaronjb

Quote from: "spynish"The air will come from the top hood openings (it will probably have also a air entrance made of fiber to get even more air). The metal piece that is behind this hood openings wil be taken out, also.

I'm sure someone else will confirm this - but AFAIK the top of the hood is in a low pressure zone - airflow is (usually) upward from the underside of the car and out of those vents, not in..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "spynish"The air will come from the top hood openings (it will probably have also a air entrance made of fiber to get even more air). The metal piece that is behind this hood openings wil be taken out, also.

I'm sure someone else will confirm this - but AFAIK the top of the hood is in a low pressure zone - airflow is (usually) upward from the underside of the car and out of those vents, not in..

That's correct...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

spit

I see you're on the C2 website already!
Coming along nicely Spyni (me still being visited by the jealousy monster).
If the CAI and I/C positions are suitable, then its a very neat set-up. Where are the O2 sensors being tapped in?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

aaronjb

Quote from: "Tem"That's correct...

Which means - assuming that IC is venting through the top vents and the rear of the car, that it'll have two low pressure zones and zero airflow.. Not gonna be good  s:? :? s:?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

spynish

Well, I'm not and expert an what you're saying really interests me.

Don't you think that with the bottom panel, made for isolating, air won't go from the bottom of the car to the hood?

I thought the air would just be stopped with this panel...

spynish

Hi,

You're right. Have been talking to Gaspar. We'll modify that.   s8) 8) s8)  
Thanks

xdesign

Maybe using a different air filter with a tube...

Anonymous

mate of mine had his celica turbo's by C2 and Gas apparently is a great bloke.  he had teething problems due tp the car being right hand drive and the down pipe hitting the steering column etc.  But Gas flew over from Hungary and worked on the car for the weekend to sort it out for him!

Overall he was well impressed wirg Gas and C2

aaronjb

Quote from: "spynish"You're right. Have been talking to Gaspar. We'll modify that.   s8) 8) s8)  

Excellent  s:) :) s:)  Glad you didn't think I was just picking holes  s;) ;) s;)  And good to see a company who takes notice of received wisdom, as it were  s:) :) s:)

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "spynish"You're right. Have been talking to Gaspar. We'll modify that.   s8) 8) s8)  

Excellent  s:) :) s:)  Glad you didn't think I was just picking holes  s;) ;) s;)  And good to see a company who takes notice of received wisdom, as it were  s:) :) s:)

What he said!

Please post pics of the modified install too  s8) 8) s8)

spynish

Hi guys,

Long weekend without any news, I know...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Here you have the update:

The intercooler panels have been redisigned to get as much air as possible (from the bottom and from the left air intake):

The O2 sensors and MAF are already placed:

And last but no least, the Apexi air intake:

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Slacey

That looks better!  s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Thanks for teh compliments. Gas has been working hard on the car and we expect to complete the kit soon. We will soon fill you guys in after we inventorised all parts needed for each kit.

If anyone has suggestions, please let us know. All help is welcome. We're working with our own experience and had some pointers from Matt from MWR(360whp turbocharged MR2 spyder).

spit

Tidy install, coming together nicely. Neat trick with the left air intake.

I'm a self-confessed ignoramous about intercoolers, so forgive the dumb question   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  :  I can understand the need for an air pressure gradient across the IC, but how much impact does the temperature of incoming air have on the efficiency of these things?

I ask this because of the amount of radiant heat that the silencer (and therefore the lower "lip" of the IC chamber) will be giving off down at the bottom end. Any benefit in giving the lower "lip" a heat reflective coating, or is that just daft?

spynish

Hi Spit,   s:D :D s:D  

You're right, incoming air temperature effects on performance, and that's why that panel is put there, to isolate exhaust heating. The question is how warm will air become passing through that panel... Not much, I imagine, and the faster you go the faster air will pass through and don't think it will be heated a lot.
Coating will possibly help, but I'm not sure how much...

But, I'm just imagining, so please chaps, post all your knowledge  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Well i'm impressed with how the kit is looking. Good to see the MAF after the turbo, is there a BOV going on?

I love the exhaust design, hope it sounds as good as it looks.

What diameter pipes are used 2.5" or 3"?

As said a thermal coat on that heat shield will stop it becoming a radiator of heat causing the IC to heat soak from it.

Looking forward to seeing the power figures.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Yes, there should be a blow off valve but I guess it's not on it yet. It will placed between the compressor outlet and the MAF sensor if you would ask me(also the current position for our BOV's on the Celica turbo kit).

I think these are 70mm piping, so it's like 2.75".

Tem

That looks very nice, good work!  s8) 8) s8)  Makes me wanna do something similar for my Top Secret kit...

BTW, do you know if anyone has fitted your turbokit for 2ZZ Celica to 2ZZ Corolla? Friend of mine wants to give it a try...

spynish

Hi,

This is the BOV that is going to be fitted:

It´s supposed to be a loud enough...  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Pshhhhhhhh  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

spynish

Didn't realise it's the Star Wars BOV...     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Anonymous

We've developed a Vibe/Matrix 1ZZFE kit, which supposively has the same frame as the Corolla.
We haven't got someone to test fit it on a 2ZZGE corolla yet though.

spynish

Hi again!

Near to be finished...  s:D :D s:D  
Have a look on the intercooler setup:

Other pics:

Do you like it???
I love the whole kit, the only thing I need to see in person is the dual tips size, I'm not sure about them... Though bigger ones may soud too loud...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Now going for clutch and gauges!!!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

spit

Great to see the step-by-step progress pics. Personally, I like the silencer/tip configuration. You're still going to get some beautiful noise behind you.
Congratulations to Gas and the guys, and good luck with the clutch and gauge install.
I can't wait for Dyno and video to be posted!

Slacey

It looks superb, hope it works well!

Keep an eye on the IC temps though - my Hass is mounted down low and has a skirt to push the air through it, but in these hot temps and even on the motorway with good airflow it is getting very hot. Time for me to make a better scoop methinks.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: