GUESS WHO... (C2 Power Turbo kit)

Started by spynish, June 22, 2005, 13:48

Anonymous

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Does this Gas bloke not sleep   s:?: :?: s:?:  Amazing amount of work in such a short time. Really looks good.

spynish

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

As Gaspar says, he works fast...
Still many things to do before I come back to pick up the car...
7 looong days since now!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Nice work, glad for you Spynish!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spynish

Hi again,

Seems that work is arriving to its end...  s8) 8) s8)  

Cluth has been done today, tomorrow Gaspar wil be the lucky boy that will drive it first... As soon as I have a dyno or any movie I'll post them.

O2 sensors are going to be relocated after turbo instead of where they are now but just on will be installed, not both. It seems measures are more accurate and you avoid danger of too high temps, that can damage the sensors. I now Hass kit has both in the manifold and that's how we had planned to do it first but, following Matt advice (MWR), we are going to do it in the other way.

Here you have the rps max clutch pic:

Anonymous

Great!

We will have prices up next week. Stay tuned!!!

Anonymous

Better for the O2 sensors to be after the turbo is not more accurate, having a seperate sensor for both banks of cylinders is more accurate and safer as if your lean on two cylinders you'll never know. BUT aslong as the injectors are new or atleast been cleaned and flow tested you'll be fine. The PE kit is after the turbo, with two O2 sensor holes in the worst positions ever, that's why all the PE people have only got the first sensor feeding both banks.

The info i went through when i was buying my wideband all says the same thing as you say about it generally being more accurate, the heat that close to the turbo will either destroy the sensor or make it give inaccurate data, so good choice to move it.

I really like the way C2 don't just think they know it all (though they probably do) and listen to the people that do know the '2 and adapt their kit accordingly. I'd bet good money on this being the kit most people will lean towards if their considering turbo in the future.

Spynish, your gonna be so happy when it's finished.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

spynish

Hi mr-s_turbo,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I really don't know much about but I think that going lean in 2 cilinders may be uncommon... If not, why the 1ZZFE Celica has just one O2 sensor?

Another question:

Do you think there is any problem with MAF location and piping size?

Thanks!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Yes going lean on 2 banks is uncommon, i've only got 1sensor after the turbo and it has been like this for over 2years with no problems at all, so the idea is fine just periodically put some injector cleaner through the system so you know their all squirting well.

The tube steps up to a bigger size just before the MAF which could cause turbulence of air over it giving erratic readings, but i doubt it very much, and the smaller pipe does have a good taper on it, so the flow of air between the 2 diameters will be smooth. I'm sure Gas did this for a reason and it's worked on other cars with no problem. You got doubts about it for any reason?

spynish

Hi again,

I'm interested in the injectors cleaner you're talking about, which brand do you use, is a common product that can be found everywhere?

My doubts ar e because Tikked(SC) thinks that:  "The short distance between where the smaller diameter pipe changes to the larger diameter, and the MAF located so close to this change could cause problems with air flow over the MAF"

He's just speculating, but when I read something that can be wrong I just feel a bit nervous...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Just want everything right!  s:D :D s:D

spynish

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

First video!!! It's made indoors so it sounds a bit loud and bassy but I like it, here it is:

http://www.c2design.hu/celica/Mr2Spyder/MR2sound-001-01.mpg

At the end, both O2 sensors will be kept, but located after turbo.
Refering to MAF, a wider piping has been installed to avoid any possible turbulence  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Also BOV has been installed.

And look how shiny and pretty manifold looks!

And now, The Boss:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

That's a really nice setup, I bet the wait to pick it up is killing you!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

spynish

Yeah Slacey!

How well you now it!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
2 looong weeks, I'm on hollyday but since I left the car in Buda I have been dreaming with day 20th arrival!

To be contiued... (dyno soon)   s:D :D s:D

kanujunkie

that guy can really do some nice work, interesting idea's, especially dropping the exhaust box down so that the intercooler could fit in the space created, should be interesting seeing the dyno results
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

spit

I agree - there's still decent ground clearance with the box lowered and it allows the rest of the install to look very tidy.

Sweet exhaust note too. Do you want me to drive it home for you Spyni??!

Hope the Dyno is everything you expect it to be.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

spynish

Don't worry spit, though it's going to be a pity, I'll try to drive my car home...  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

you learn so much on his site, looks fantastic, sounds fantastic and will probably run amazingly well.

It takes a dedicated operator to pay for the privaledge of something like this not to mention associated pressures of installing it (technical issues).

Probably a labor of love once it's finished though

spynish

spit

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  Nice one Spyni. I repeat my offer to drive it home for you   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

spit

(By the way - link for the second vid in the R2D2 trilogy should be http://www.c2design.hu/celica/Mr2Spyder/MR22-001-01.mpg)

spynish

Repaired!

Thanx spit  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spynish

Hi again,

Everythings is progressing fine less the intercooler, that it's not efficient enough. We're planning to relocate it and have thought to put it in the bottom.
Can anyone give any idea of the better place to locate, why and how?

Thanx

Anonymous

At the bottom of the bay (a la Hass) seems like the obvious place due to the flow of the air from the bottom upwards: A nicely shaped scoop should help matters too.

Slacey

A scoop is definately needed. While we have been getting these warm tempos I have been keeping an eye on the IC temperature (nothing scientific, just touching the core by hand) and it has been getting very warm, hot even after a long drive. Inbetween trying to fix my stuttering problem I am going to be fashioning a scoop from sheet steel to experiment with finding a design that works well, but doesn't scrape over speed bumps etc.!

spynish

Ok guys,

New conf. is ready. Please watch pics and leave your opinions:

I'm thinking a scoop to direct air to IC would be nice...

Slacey

Replied on SC...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: