GUESS WHO... (C2 Power Turbo kit)

Started by spynish, June 22, 2005, 13:48

kanujunkie

good God, Gaspars a fast worker!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

that looks a bit better but does still need a scoop for the IC or is that the plan already?, nice work outside of that
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

spit

These C2 guys are both thorough and dedicated - just read your other post on the Turbo thread Spyni - they seem like good guys to do business with. Its a shame the other configuration wasn't getting enough air to the IC, as it looked very tidy and space-efficent.

Thinking out loud for a moment.......I know nothing about how well the air flows under the car, but I'm applying my very rusty physics about air speed vs pressure (bernoulli/venturi and all that)........

I would imagine that air moving underneath (relative to the car's forward motion) will create -ve pressure compared to the slower air in the engine bay and therefore you'll have a vacuum in the void behind engine & transmission? This, in turn, could then lead to the reverse of what you want by drawing air across the IC from between the engine and relocated back-box?

A scoop would steal some of the air flowing under the car and force it upwards, negating any -ve pressure effect. Not sure how much of a scoop you'll get before it decapitates rabbits and diverts other road debris though  s:!: :!: s:!:

So perhaps you do need a scoop, unless you're going to be parked at traffic lights all the time when the low IC is probably the best place to be!
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "spit"I would imagine that air moving underneath (relative to the car's forward motion) will create -ve pressure compared to the slower air in the engine bay and therefore you'll have a vacuum in the void behind engine & transmission? This, in turn, could then lead to the reverse of what you want by drawing air across the IC from between the engine and relocated back-box?

its not possible to tell this without a wind tunnel too many variables, vents in the top and back of the engine bay will change the pressure zones and the way that they vent, yes i agree that its probably a negative effect in the engine bay but i cant see how you can know the direction of air movement. This is why IMHO it would be better to go for RAM air flow to cool the IC, but the scoop would need to be made of thin metal so that if it does hit something then it wont destroy half the engine bay but bend out of the way
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Slacey

I mentioned it on SC but at the weekend I fashioned a experimental scoop from sheet steel (not into my metals but I think it is maybe 1~2mm thick) for the Hass IC. I'll try and get it fitted this week and see how effective (if at all) it is and report back, but it's definately needed IMO.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Slacey"I mentioned it on SC but at the weekend I fashioned a experimental scoop from sheet steel (not into my metals but I think it is maybe 1~2mm thick) for the Hass IC. I'll try and get it fitted this week and see how effective (if at all) it is and report back, but it's definately needed IMO.

if its on the bottom then the metal will need to be thick enough to hold its shape under load but soft enough to bend if it gets hit, Ally would be better as steel is a quite hard material and could damage something if it becomes detached after an impact, heaven forbid!
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spynish

Yes,
The scoop is going to be installed. Something like this (you can laugh at my photochop):

It will be alloy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "spynish"Yes,
The scoop is going to be installed. Something like this (you can laugh at my photchop):

OK....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Placement does look alot better though.

kanujunkie

you and me need to do a photoshop course sometime, that looks like a good position though, is it going to be fully enclosed in? give it the full ram air treatment so to speak?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

kanujunkie

are you going to mesh the front of the intake to protect the IC from stones and garbage? could be worth it
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

just a quick question, will this kit be offered in a stage 1 version without the intercooler option? i figure this would make the kit a couple hundred bucks cheaper but if its cheap enough to compete with other turbo systems with the intercooler then well, you might have alot of customers calling you.

LeeUK

Blimey C2 work fast!  He must employ santas elfs during their off season!  Could be a better choice than Hass, can't wait for the numbers.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

spynish

Hi Stu,

hadn't think about mesh but it's a good idea!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
I'll tell Gaspar, don't think there is any problem.
About fully enclosement, I think it would be better to force all air to pass through IC, what do you think?

Thanx!

spynish

Hi again,
this is the way I thought it' colud be done.
-White lines: panels (fully enclosed)
- Pink line: fixing place
- Red line: Diplacement line in case of hiting something
- Yellow line: mesh to prevent damaging the IC
- Green line: shouldn't be much lower than my rear bumper lip

P.S: My photochop is just ludicrous!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Looks good.....well the idea, not your photoshop skills   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spynish

WOOOWW!!!

Guys I have arrived today to Budapest, and just have driven my car!!!
What can I say...  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  
It goes well as before if you don't push it (even less loud!!!) you can even imagine the wild beast there is under your rear hood  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  !
Well guys still don't have numbers but I'm really AMAZED!  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

I'll keep in touch...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Congrats!!! I know the feeling  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

you boys are going to have to stop this talk, my mrs is going to do her nut when i come home one day with one!!!  s:? :? s:?    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spit

Congrats matey. Get those numbers up and have a safe & smiley journey home. I'll probably see you soon (as per Monday's PMs).
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

spynish

This is me and my satisfaction face!

Just saying:Oh my God, can't believe that!!!

And satisfaction face  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

And to end with, my gauges install... The red submarine  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  !

s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

kanujunkie

that looks superb, really novel design using pipework to hold the guages, i've been impressed with the work that has been done, shame you're so far away, would have been great to see her

ever thought about a set of lowering springs next?? the wheel arch area looks really exposed, or perhaps a nice set of 18's  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

You better take some pain killers later because I'm sure your face will hurt like hell with all that grinning.  

Enjoy!  

philster_d

Is there room for a fan in with the intercooler? to pull the air through ?

Phil

Tem

You need to lower the car!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"You need to lower the car!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

yeah, 17's and lowering springs do wonders

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Tem"You need to lower the car!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

mentioned that one above, now 2 people cant be wrong
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: