Wheel Corrosion

Started by Anonymous, July 2, 2005, 12:00

Anonymous

Quote from: "philster_d"I need mine doing and they are off the car so that sounds appealing. I'm in no rush to get them back.

Phil

Here is their website (not much on it!)

m http://www.carrickengineering.co.uk/ m

A bit far from you, though?

philster_d

Thanks, yeah I mean the principle I can loose them for a week or two it doesnt matter.

Phil

heathstimpson

Got my new alloys and tyres fitted today but it looks like the wrong extra long valve stems have been fitted again   s:? :? s:?   Would someone be so kind as to measure the length of their alloy valve stems for me:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

heathstimpson

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Got my new alloys and tyres fitted today but it looks like the wrong extra long valve stems have been fitted again   s:? :? s:?   Would someone be so kind as to measure the length of their alloy valve stems for me:?:
Can anyone help please with this measurement as I need to tie up with Mr T tomorrow  s:?: :?: s:?:

heathstimpson

I have also found today that the front and rear tyres face opposite directs. On Toyo proxies should the arrows face forward (my thoughts) or backwards if you get my drift  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:? :? s:?

markiii

Heath

The arrows should face forward, is so much that if you rolled the wheel it would go arrows first.

Proxies are defiately directional and should have an arrow on teh sidewall indicating teh correct fitment.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

heathstimpson

Quote from: "markiii"Heath

The arrows should face forward, is so much that if you rolled the wheel it would go arrows first.

Proxies are defiately directional and should have an arrow on the sidewall indicating the correct fitment.
Thanks Mark that's what I though; could have been interesting in the wet  s:? :? s:?  Total muppets seem to be employed by Mr T of late  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

markiii

sounds like they put the wheels on teh wrong side of teh car  s:-( :-( s:-(
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I've just come back from the Toyota dealer. They say that the 'piting' on my ONE wheel is due to excessive 'wheel spinning' and stones causing the exstensive damage. All of the other three wheels are spotless. To me these does not make sense as it does not look like surface damage and how could only one wheel be affected?

Nathan

markiii

whilst I don't think much of their argument I would have to say that the wheel doesn't look like tehusual bubbling corrosion we are used to seeing.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "markiii"whilst I don't think much of their argument I would have to say that the wheel doesn't look like tehusual bubbling corrosion we are used to seeing.
Have to agree; that damage looks more like some sort of scratching/chiping from an external source  s:? :? s:?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "markiii"sounds like they put the wheels on the wrong side of the car  s:-( :-( s:-(
Yep had to go back today to get them to reverse the two fronts as they were incorrect  s:? :? s:?

proeliator2001

It scares me how useless some garage monkeys are   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    Glad you didn't find out the hard way they were on wrong.
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "proeliator2001"It scares me how useless some garage monkeys are   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    Glad you didn't find out the hard way they were on wrong.
I've learnt over the years with all garages to double check what they have done. It's bad that you should have to really  s:? :? s:?

heathstimpson

And to cap it off when I took the car back to get the wheels changed so that the tyres were the correct way round I told them how dangerous it would be to drive it in the wet like that. And their suggestion; shall we correct it on your booked service in 5 weeks time even though it was their mistake  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  MUPPETS  s:? :? s:?

roger

Quote from: "heathstimpson"booked service in 5 weeks time

Give Silverstone Performance a go instead - if MrT can't get wheels right, what do you reckon on everything else?
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: