which turbo to choose

Started by Anonymous, July 18, 2005, 08:23

Anonymous

Yours is the same, too? At least Hass are working to the same set of standards...!

Apparently the reason I never recieved the dual exhaust was because Mark never put it on the invoice, despite the fact that Jay himself has an e-mail telling him exactly what I ordered. It's all sorted now though, and I should receive both the leg and the missing coolant coupler in the post soon. Jay's worked it out that I pay a reduced amount of shipping over my troubles for this, so at least he's trying to put things right.

Anonymous

yeah it's the same.

So are they sending you a new exhaust with the left leg welded on, or are they only sending you the leg which you will later have to weld on to the existing exhaust you have?

I'm asking because when I was in your situation I was told that they would only send the left leg, but I actually recieved a complete dual exhaust system. So I now have both..

Anonymous

Nope, just the leg. They're not making the dual one anymore.

ADam

hi every1,

had to ask but what is the cheapest turbo to get.

thanks

spynish

http://www.c2power.com/node/313  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

markiii

Quote from: "ADam"hi every1,

had to ask but what is the cheapest turbo to get.

thanks

how long is a ball of string.

depends on your goals
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"how long is a ball of string

A ball isn't long, it's round   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Mark's right though, you need to know exactly what you want out of a turbo kit. If you just want a quick 200bhp fix, then either the PE kit or either of the Hass/C2 Stage 1 kits will do. However, if you think you might want more power in the future, then you really need to be looking at the Stage 2 intercooled options offered by either Hass or C2.

There are other kits out there (A'pexi, Top Secret etc), but they're increasingly hard to get hold of. Stick with the main three, and I don't think you'll go far wrong.

ADam

PE as in POWER ENTERPRISE Turbo Kit.

u know what i think 200bhp will be enough for me  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  .

thanks

dieamond

I think Apexi and TS aren't produced anymore...
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

aaronjb

Quote from: "ADam"u know what i think 200bhp will be enough for me  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  .

I think you're forgetting Rule number 1 of performance modification:

It's never enough..

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

PE have a reputation for good kit, though - certainly make nice turbos.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

ADam

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "ADam"u know what i think 200bhp will be enough for me  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  .

I think you're forgetting Rule number 1 of performance modification:

It's never enough..

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

PE have a reputation for good kit, though - certainly make nice turbos.

yea but im scared the engine might not cope with that much power  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

The 1ZZ is good for waaaaaaay more than 200bhp... There's a guy on SC running over 300 on stock internals.

Whereabouts in Essex are you ADam?

ADam

Quote from: "Ekona"The 1ZZ is good for waaaaaaay more than 200bhp... There's a guy on SC running over 300 on stock internals.

Whereabouts in Essex are you ADam?

300bhp  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  unbelivable.

Im in Rainham

btw them alloys look nice.

any chance of giving me the make of them  s:D :D s:D

dieamond

I don't think you can say MWR 1ZZ is on stock internals :p
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia

Anonymous

ADam: Ah, other end of Essex to me then! The wheels are Asiatec Warrior shadow chrome jobbies, in 17" form.

Dieamond: I wasn't referring to MWR's one. I think Gino is pushing 300 isn't he, and I think he's still on stock internals? I could be wrong, though...   s:? :? s:?

dieamond

Ah Gino I don't know

Anonymous

Quote from: "ADam"PE as in POWER ENTERPRISE Turbo Kit.

u know what i think 200bhp will be enough for me  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  .

thanks

Then buy the PE kit with a pre-programmed greddy ecu. That's for sure enough power. If later on you feel you need more power, well then you can just upgrade the parts you need.

Also, the PE kit will be shipped as soon as you have paid for it.
If you want C2 or Hass, you're gonna have to wait for the kits to be produced.

And finally, you should be prepared on that if you buy a turbokit from Hass, they will send it in two different boxes.. this is because they think it's funny to forget packing certain items and sending them later on. Ask all of us owners of Hass turbo kits.

Seriously though, buy a PE or C2 kit. After my experience with Hass, I wouldn't recommend them for a sec.

Tem

Quote from: "dieamond"I think Apexi and TS aren't produced anymore...

TS=Top Secret? I think that one should still be available as I know someone who has recently been in contact with them for minor custom job of their kit  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "dieamond"I think Apexi and TS aren't produced anymore...

TS=Top Secret? I think that one should still be available as I know someone who has recently been in contact with them for minor custom job of their kit  s8) 8) s8)

certainly still on sale at japan parts and taka kiara
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "ADam"Also, the PE kit will be shipped as soon as you have paid for it.
If you want C2 or Hass, you're gonna have to wait for the kits to be produced.
s;) ;) s;)  We have them on stock

Anonymous

oh sorry, my bad!

Anonymous

Right, I give up. I'm totally washing my hands of anything to do with Hass or Jay anymore.

Today I finally recieved my second exhaust leg. However, I was supposed to get the missing water fitting as well (which I don't actually need anyway since I've managed to source one over here by myself), it was sent to the wrong address (I wanted it sent to my parents house as someone would be in to collect it: Since it went to my house while I was at work, I've had to travel to bloody Harlow (40 miles!) to pick it up from DHL), and to top it all he writes out a full customs list meaning I now have to pay import tax on a piece I should have recieved in the first place!!

What's worse, is that he put down the value of the leg as $150, when he supplies it for $80. He's doubled the value of it, which means I have to pay import duty WELL OVER what it should be.

Jay may have the mechanical knowledge, but when it comes to general intelligence he's found extremely wanting. I'm so p*ssed off about this, you can't imagine how angry I am now. If you really want a turbo kit, then go for C2. There's no way in hell they can be any worse (no offence Gas!), so you have nothing to lose.

Anonymous

Feel really bad for you mate. If you were the first to have all these problems then you could put it down to being unlucky, but they haven't done 1 right yet (to my knowledge)  s:x :x s:x  

Has anyone on here actually ordered a kit from them recently, if so how's the progress? Doubt anyone has as they really have messed up with getting any more international orders.

Good luck with the install   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

sorry to hear your woes Dan  s:( :( s:(  

sounds as though Jay Hass wont be getting anymore sales from this side of the pond and i cant say that i'm sorry to hear it after all the problems people have had, why is it some people and companies cant do a simple thing like following a set list on an order sheet  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

oh well more orders for Gaspar then  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

spit

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"Has anyone on here actually ordered a kit from them recently, if so how's the progress? Doubt anyone has as they really have messed up with getting any more international orders.

I very nearly did - discussion with Jay brought strong assurance that they were on top of things now, but judging by recent posts perhaps thats not entirely accurate. So I've opted for C2 (mostly on its own merits I have to say) - but still, Jay has lost a "gimme" of a potential sale.

Its a shame that such a cracking piece of kit is being devalued in this way, & I really feel for you being placed in this situation Dan   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  Hope the install brings back a smile or two.

Ste
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Tags: