which turbo to choose

Started by Anonymous, July 18, 2005, 08:23

Anonymous

Indeed, as I've said to Jay himself 90% of the kit is top notch: It's just a shame that the build quality of the other 10% is shockingly bad and the whole service (or lack thereof) ruins the experience.

I know that as soon as I get boosting I'll forget all of this, but for now... I'm not a happy bunny.

philster_d

still awaiting a slot with c2p and a few more details of exactly i want to do

Anonymous

We are selling a few Mr2 kits right now so more feedback will come.  s;) ;) s;)

heathstimpson

Your experience has now totally put me off going the HASS route; what a shame and it proves that just having a good product with the customer services does not equal company success  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

philster_d

I realy want a c2 kit too, see it on my car at the next shows   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

My bodykit is confirmed as ordered now, talking with Revision6 about some Tein coilovers and I think we will be about there.

Only concern was seing spys numberplate melted that looked quite close to being a fire. But they are changing things around slightly to prevent this so cool.

I also thought to add an aquamist system (probably with the extra IC squirter) we will see how we are going first and then decide on that.

Phil

Anonymous

I can see that alot of you guys have had problems with Hass in the past. Especially since it's getting shipped overseas and parts coming up short.
 I have been watching you guys and have thought over which way I'm gonna go.
 For me, I live about 6 hours from Hass, so I'm just gonna drop my car off with him, and let him do what they do. Stage II turbo, upgraded turbo to the  GT2871R , just incase I wanna turn it up alittle. Have to upgrade that clutch as well.
 When I pick her up, I'll probable get a tear in my eye and butterflys in my gut when I hear that thing purrrrrr. Excited like a little school kid.
 Unfortunately, I'm out of the country until Feb, but as soon as I get back,,,,,,,ROAD TRIP.  I hope to GOD that it all goes well for me. Cross your fingers for me.
This is the only toy I'm allowed to have,,"says the wife". So, other little projects will come next...on the car that is..

Anonymous

Does anyone know much about the Apexi turbo? Have seen them advertised in the US at a 'sale price' of £1750? Are they any good and is that a good price?

spit

Thats a stonking good price if it comes complete with Power FC and IC core (and i think you get uprated pump & injectors too  s:) :) s:)  ).
Retail 3 years ago was $4000.
The Apexi supposedly turns in decent figures and runs at 7.5psi, but I know nothing about install/ tuning/ gremlins/ availability/ reliability etc. (someone on here will) It became a low-volume ad hoc seller quite early into its existence.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Tags: