which turbo to choose

Started by Anonymous, July 18, 2005, 08:23

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekona"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "ekona"Nope. I wish I'd never ordered it now.

cant you cancel the order?

If I do, I'll lose 50% of the money I've already paid. Since I can't afford to do that, I have no choice but to sit and wait. If I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have ordered the damn thing.

Why would you lose 50% of the deposit?

dieamond

because it's the goal of a deposit

it's a mutual contract

the sellers has to give the product

the buyer has to buy

if either one breaks the contract he loses money : buyer loses half is money if he doesn't want the product anymore and normally if the seller can't send the product for any reason he has to pay a penalty.

in fact it's more to protect the sellers ... because especially internationnally like there, it's very hard for the buyer to claim his money back

we're here in a case where the seller as serious problem and delays... but I guess that nowhere a shipping date was specified.
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

Quote from: "dieamond"if either one breaks the contract he loses money : buyer loses half is money if he doesn't want the product anymore and normally if the seller can't send the product for any reason he has to pay a penalty.

Well that's the thing, Hass can't send their product. Hass can't even send their product after 20 weeks wait (in Ekona's case), reminding everybody it says 4 weeks on their website. Then they lie to you for a couple of months about how the kit is ready to ship out the door any day now so they don't lose your bussiness.

For this reason I asked ( and seriously want to know as I'm only 19 and still learning), why wouldn't Ekona be able to demand all his money back?
They haven't lived up to anything on their end. If it weren't for us previous customers recieving our products, how much wouldn't this (ekona's order) have looked like Ekona had been had?

dieamond

20 weeks ?

no joke ?!
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia

Anonymous

No joke. Kit was ordered Feb 2nd.

dieamond

wow

even worse than HKS :p :p :p

TommyD

Don't give up hope...mine took 32 weeks   s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

dreambackup

but aren't you glad you got it?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

and in a few days/weeks, you'll write everybody should go turbo  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "RedRaceR"For this reason I asked ( and seriously want to know as I'm only 19 and still learning), why wouldn't Ekona be able to demand all his money back?

I think he should get his money back, if he wants to.

I understand why some places require a deposit for rare hard to get items that might not sell if the buyer backs out. But that's not the case with Hass, is it? Apparently they have a line of buyers already, so wouldn't it be a good thing for them if one buyer wants to back out and everyone else moves up in the line?  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

dreambackup

I'd buy back your deposit, if you want  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

if you think about it, PM me  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Anonymous

Let me think about it... Nah. I've waited this long, I'll be damned if I'm going to give up now!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

yeah stick with it Dan, think how long it would take to resource a new kit from someone
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"yeah stick with it Dan, think how long it would take to resource a new kit from someone

By the look of how quick Gaspar at C2 works, about three days?  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I would wait for C2 turbo to come out, and see if the parts will fit my SMT. Incidentally Ian, will you be able to judge the SMT compadability if you should see the C2 turbo for yourself?

Anonymous

I have nothing against the Hass kit, it is excellent but if i was considering going turbo i would atleast wait for the end of the C2 development and compare prices, and now Jay knows he's got competition for lets face it exactly the same kit (same turbo,ecu etc) he's got to improve his delivery or he's going to loose out alot.

Quote from: "simontan75"I would wait for C2 turbo to come out, and see if the parts will fit my SMT. Incidentally Ian, will you be able to judge the SMT compadability if you should see the C2 turbo for yourself?

When it's done if Spynish gets the measurements around the gearbox, we should be able to see if it will clear. Fingers crossed eh?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

philster_d

Maybe can pay on credit card then use their method for recovering the money for undelivered goods after x time.

Phil

spit

I think the option of secured payment was discussed on the Jared's long SC thread a while ago Phil. I lost track of the outcome, but I know that some had already passed the ?3-month period in which to register concern.

I'm a real fan of what Jay Hass has developed, and all credit to him for that. His knowledge, dedication & enthusiasm to progressing the technical side is clear. But I've been put off from taking this route because of the customer service shortcomings (I'm not apportioning blame here, just stating that I don't want to be on the receiving end of the supply chain problems, whatever they may be).

This is a crying shame, and must be so frustrating for those with deposits down. I understand the adage that you can't rush a good thing, but realistically 6 months+ is an awfully big chunk of your '2s remaining serviceable life expectancy to be without a modification that you opt for.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Chris

it does seem a shame that the hass kit is suffering from delivery hold ups, as it effectively rules them out of the race, well for me at least..

I for one will be hoping that the c2 kit doesn't fit the smt, otherwise it will be virtually impossible to ignore the upgrade   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chris"I for one will be hoping that the c2 kit doesn't fit the smt, otherwise it will be virtually impossible to ignore the upgrade   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I am 99% sure it does fit the SMT but if you could link me to an engine bay pic of an smt then I can clear that 1%.

philster_d

Dilema now, whats the latest on Hass timescales any leads ?

Phil

dreambackup

I wish C2power could explain a bit more what their kit(s) are.

keep in mind that the Hass stage II is $3.995 (roughly the same amount of Euros after taxes and shipping to Europe). it compares more or less with the C2 setup.

the BIG difference is experience. C2 being the challenger here, I thought they would try to compete a bit more on price: they are not really less expensive (bigger injectors, 200€, is a MUST so a stage II kit is €3.690) and there is a big question mark on reliability (I'm not saying IT IS NOT, I'm just saying we DO NOT KNOW).

spit

Quote from: "dreambackup"I wish C2power could explain a bit more what their kit(s) are.
It'll be interesting to see if Gas can provide a little more detail on the kit inventory on top of what is on the C2 site. The Hass kit is shipping (or not  s:!: :!: s:!:  ) in a more "turnkey" fashion, with the inclusion of small but welcome details like boost gauge, oil filter, colder plugs, coated IC pipes and thermal wrap.

Shipping aside, spec-4-spec on the road costs will probably be very similar (anyone know what US-Europe shipping is for the Hass?), and maybe thats too big a gamble to side with the C2 kit when we have no track record for its quality and reliability in the '2.

....on the other hand - as i've said above - Hass delivery time is a big chunk of your car's remaining lifetime to be waiting for a chosen mod. But it would be a shame if the supply issue becomes the primary reason for our choice. Lets hope Gas can give us some assurances and a bit more detail on specifications.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

I am working on the detailed list as you wish until then here is a short from my mind:
Garrett GT28R dual ball bearing watercooled turbo and gaskets at 6 psi

Oil and water lines with fittings and gaskets

Stainless steel manifold (40mm)

polished Stainless steel MR2 CAI pipe with Apexi air filter located behind the tail light (70mm)

polished Stainless steel Turbo to Intercooler pipe (60mm)

polished Stainless steel Intercooler to Throttlebody pipe (60-70mm)

Medium sized Intercooler positioned 45 degree in the buttom of the car with an air splitter to pick up air from under the car (62x30x5mm)

(Pretuned)Greddy e-manage piggyback ECU with injector harness, keep in mind that you will always need to finetune it to your condition/enviroment

downpipe with 3 bungs (2 factory and 1 for wideband), with a flexi section

C2Power 3" dual pipe exhaust with 90mm tips and a high flow catalysator

Sard blow off valve, hoses and clamps

Injectors from the GTS celica

Let me know what else do you want to know and I can more deatil it  s:) :) s:)
Gas

kanujunkie

out of interest Gaspar, whats the damage/price?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

I quite like the idea of a staged boost controller.

Tags: