which turbo to choose

Started by Anonymous, July 18, 2005, 08:23

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"out of interest Gaspar, whats the damage/price?
st2 intercooled is 3490$ out of the EU and 3490eu in the EU. Reason of the difference is simple= tax. st1 non intercooled is 2490$ or EU as the other.

kanujunkie

3,490.00 EUR  = 2,408.89 GBP  at todays prices

Descent price as well, hhhhhmmmmm only 2000miles to Budapest, nice day for a drive???  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

shame the mrs wont let me  s:( :( s:(
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"3,490.00 EUR  = 2,408.89 GBP  at todays prices

Descent price as well, hhhhhmmmmm only 2000miles to Budapest, nice day for a drive???  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

shame the mrs wont let me  s:( :( s:(
We offered for the celica owners local install for 1000eu plus travel and acomodation for 2 days. I just got home from a work trip where we took care of our st3 gts celica in Stuttgart, a st2 gt celica in Rotterdam and a st1 GTS celica in Wurtzburg. So we can do it there as well. BUt if you come over I am sure we could give you a great deal  s;) ;) s;)  (I dont have to drive again lol)
We started this kind a service after Bubba from London was ripped of with a 3000GBP celica gt st1 install. He is the one with the magazine coverege (makes us proud):

http://www.c2power.com/blown_away_article_in_japanese_performance

spit

Quote from: "kanujunkie"2,408.89 GBP  at todays prices
At last month's low (June) it was £100 less than that, so its worth watchin' those rates  s:!: :!: s:!:  
...but don't forget another 200 Euro for larger injectors (as opposed the the earlier 100 Euro deal that was being offered)
Ste
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

philster_d

Hi C2gas

"So we can do it there as well. BUt if you come over I am sure we could give you a great deal  (I dont have to drive again lol)"

Would you care to PM me a price if i came with the car for a few days ?

thanks,
Phil

Anonymous

Quote from: "philster_d"Hi C2gas

"So we can do it there as well. BUt if you come over I am sure we could give you a great deal  (I dont have to drive again lol)"

Would you care to PM me a price if i came with the car for a few days ?

thanks,
Phil
Answered sir  s;) ;) s;)
I hope you will like it

Anonymous

Bubba is a good friend of mine and has nothing but good words to say about Gas following all the help he gave him after JP motorsport screwed him over (supra tuners around milton keynes)

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"Bubba is a good friend of mine and has nothing but good words to say about Gas following all the help he gave him after JP motorsport screwed him over (supra tuners around milton keynes)
Hi Perry,
It is nice to meet you here, I have heard a lot about you from Bubba. I know this is not a personal meet but at least someone I know  s;) ;) s;) ...
thx for the feedback also. I am sure a good costumer service does pay back in long terms.  s:) :) s:)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "c2gas"I am sure a good costumer service does pay back in long terms.  s:) :) s:)

and something thats very rare nowadays

god, i sound like an old fart!
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Sound like?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ekona"Sound like?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

cheers for the reality shock, you'll get yours ya young wipper snapper  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Sometimes Stu, it's just too easy.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

proeliator2001

Has anyone got a good idea what the 0-60, 0-100 and 1/4 mile times are likely to be on a '2 running 210 whp?

Also, I know people have asked about insurance qoutes but do you tell them the max power the setup can run or just what parts are fitted i.e. you can run at 270 at the fly but normally run at 220 do you have to pay 270 hp money all the time?

Last question, how do you convince the wife a turbo makes good sense   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

0-60 should be around 5.5secs, with a 1/4mile time of 13.5 - 14secs (all rough guesstimates).

You only have to tell your insurance company what bhp levels you will be running at. If you decide to tell them a lower level to save yourself a bit of money, that's your choice, but be warned: There's no way they will ever be able to tell what boost you were running at.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Buy one and offer to take her for a spin?

spit

Quote from: "proeliator2001"Has anyone got a good idea what the 0-60, 0-100 and 1/4 mile times are likely to be on a '2 running 210 whp?
There's a "rough guide" formula for 0-60 which shouldn't work but very often does! 0-60 time = weight (in kg) / (0.9x flywheel horsepower).

so, if the '2 is 1000kg & 138 HP (stock-ish with midget driver & no fuel!!), you get.... 1000/(0.9x138) = 1000/124.2 = 8.05 secs
do the same for 210HP and you get 5.3 secs. Good guesstimate Eko!
Try it for a few cars you know.....its pretty close.

Quote from: "proeliator2001"Also, I know people have asked about insurance qoutes but do you tell them the max power the setup can run or just what parts are fitted i.e. you can run at 270 at the fly but normally run at 220 do you have to pay 270 hp money all the time?
Eko is generally right but there are exceptions: eg My insurer has agreed to cover any mods without it affecting my premium (& yep, I've got it in writing!). They're not asking for any info on BHP. Its a mainstream insurer too, so don't give up without having a friendly chat with yours.

Anonymous

Except for the 138bhp is flywheel and the 210 is wheel hp. So the calculation wants to take back the drivetrain loss.

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"Good guesstimate Eko!

I've played with CarTest a lot.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

What's 'customer service' by the way? Can it be eaten?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I don't think we have such thing in Malaysia. What price tag does it come with?

Tem

Quote from: "spit"There's a "rough guide" formula for 0-60 which shouldn't work but very often does! 0-60 time = weight (in kg) / (0.9x flywheel horsepower).

I've always used weight/hp for 0-100kmh, which seems to be more correct than what manufacturers say  s8) 8) s8)  For example, your formula gives 8.3s for our 2, which is a bit too much, don't you think?

But basically it only works with decent power, when traction isn't the issue during the acceleration...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

philster_d

Check your PM's mr Gas sir.

Philster.

Anonymous

Quote from: "philster_d"Check your PM's mr Gas sir.

Philster.
Answered  s;) ;) s;)

philster_d

Thanks sorry to be a pain.    s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

If anyone cares, I've just recieved confirmation from Jay that all the parts for my kit are now in, and he's currently re-packing it ready to be shipped out.

I'm just waiting on my tracking number now.

About bloody time, too   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

spit

Guess you won't be selling it on now its on its way   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"If anyone cares, I've just recieved confirmation from Jay that all the parts for my kit are now in, and he's currently re-packing it ready to be shipped out.

I'm just waiting on my tracking number now.

About bloody time, too  

just make sure Jay doesn't forget to re-pack anything... it's been known to happen before if ya know what I mean.

Tags: