which turbo to choose

Started by Anonymous, July 18, 2005, 08:23

Tem

Quote from: "RedRaceR"just make sure Jay doesn't forget to re-pack anything... it's been known to happen before if ya know what I mean.

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Indeed. We shall see.

Put it this way: If the box turns up with everything in it, I'll be sure to commend Jay publicly for improving that area of his business. Obviously, if bits are missing, I'll do the opposite...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

TommyD

Fingers crossed for you  s:D :D s:D
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Anonymous

It's shipped. Just waiting for a tracking number from Jay now (promised for tomorrow).

Anonymous

Good luck.

aaronjb

Quote from: "Ekona"It's shipped. Just waiting for a tracking number from Jay now (promised for tomorrow).

Wow - that's.. 8 days to unpack it and re-pack it?  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "First, Slacey"I've got my Hass kit here!

Quote from: "Then Markiii"I've got mine too!

Quote from: "And then there was Tommy D, who"Hey, now mine's here too!

And now I can finally say that mine's here as well!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Is it all here? I'm not sure. I've asked Mark if he'll kindly give me a hand checking through it thoroughly (as he knows exactly what he's looking for), and as soon as we know, I'll post up here. For now, and to the best of my limited knowledge, it would appear that the kit is correct.

One little thing though: I asked Jay about 3 times to deliver the kit to my parents address as I'm not in during the day. Can you guess where it turned up today?   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   Lucky I was working last night and had today off, or I'd have missed it.

spit

Fingers crossed for you Dan. It must be nice to be at that end of the waiting curve  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

philster_d

Wow a miracle.

Praise be to the gods of Boosthala  s:) :) s:)

TommyD

Great news Dan.  s:D :D s:D  
I do hope it is all there and in good shape. I remember how excited i was going through my goodies. It really is worth going through the box with a toothcomb though. I found some of my serrated washers under all the chippings. I know some people have said what's a few missing nuts and bolts but believe me getting hold of some of these things over here is not that easy. List and relist is my advice. Do you have any idea when you may be fitting it? I'm picking up my newly coated manifold and piping this weekend. I finally just need to get my new clutch fitted, then I'm ready to go.
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Anonymous

I haven't had all the little bits of packaging foam out yet, so there might be some little bits left in there, but there's certainly no brackets etc left in the bottom.

What clutch have you gone for Tommy? I'm sure you must've already mentioned it, but I can't remember now...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

TommyD

I went with an ACT originally, but having heard great things about the RPS (ie, not any harder than stock), I also have one of those. Good to have a spare   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  I take it you like your RPS

Anonymous

Yup, I'm really happy with my RPS one. You got a lightened flywheel, too?

*UPDATE*

After a brief conflab with Mark on the phone, we've come to the almost-inevitable conclusion that...

I've got bits missing!!!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

The main one is the fact that (exactly like Mark's) Jay has decided that I should only get a single exhaust, and not the dual I ordered! On a different note though, it appears that I have the updated version of the kit (as it was changed after the re-design to allow it to be used on an SMT): My MAF is post-turbo for one. I'm not sure if the manifold is the re-designed one yet, as it's at the bottom of the box: I'll check this over the weekend.

To say I'm suddenly deflated is an understatement.

aaronjb

RPS clutches are the danglies  s;) ;) s;)  As are their billet flywheels.. Almost too gorgeous to hide inside the bell housing!

Quote from: "Ekona"The main one is the fact that (exactly like Mark's) Jay has decided that I should only get a single exhaust, and not the dual I ordered!

I'm.. I'm lost for words - I really am. (Well, I'm not lost for words, but if I said what I'm thinking, I'd get a slap on the wrists from the mods for sure  s;) ;) s;) )
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Ekona"I've got bits missing!!!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  
To say I'm suddenly deflated is an understatement.
After all the bad publicity and long delay you would have though that they would have packaged yours up correctly  s:? :? s:?   Sorry to hear it matey.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tem

Quote from: "Ekona"I've got bits missing!!!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

s:? :? s:?

Hope you  get it sorted soon enough. Somehow I can't understand how it seems to happen again and again. It's not rocket science, is it...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

TommyD

Oh mate, sorry to hear that there are bits missing, though the exhaust option seems to be a simple one to get right...both you and Mark I can't believe it. Let us know what else you find (or don't find) in that big box. Interested to know if you got the upgraded parts. I didn't bother with the RPS flywheel by the way (had to watch the pennies), thought it would get spinning pretty quick as it was with Turbo power.

Anonymous

Right, after taking up the whole of Mark's evening yesterday (cheers mate!), this is what we found:

The manifold is the old style, which we think means that the newer one is for the SMT only, as the rest of the kit is definately the updated one (MAF is post turbo, and the BOV now vents to atmosphere).

Bar the exhaust (which I'm in 'discussions' with Jay over atm), the kit is fully complete, except for a 5/8" to 1/2" reducing coupler for the turbo coolant lines. This was the one part I'd been waiting on for about a month, so I'm slightly disappointed it's not in there. I do have one, but since you need two that's not really a lot of help...

The brass tees for the vacuum reference lines are now made of plastic. While I'm sure they work just as well, it's a little disappointing to see that Jay appears to be cutting corners/costs with the kit now. For the extra pennies they cost, I'd be much happier with brass ones.

The manufacturing of some parts leaves much to be desired, especially the air deflector for the intercooler: It's scratched to buggery, and is not even cut straight (and all the edges are razor sharp!). It looks like they let the work experience kid have a go at making this at 4:30pm on a Friday.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Other than that, it's perfect.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

*EDIT* One last thing I've just noticed: On the packing list, you get a little tick next to everything that has been included. I'm thinking that this list isn't actually used at all, as I have no tick next to the e-Manage, yet I do have it! I'd rather this way round than the alternative, but considering my kit was supposedly packed then re-packed, I don't see how you forget to tick a box...  s:? :? s:?

TommyD

Not too bad then.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Sounds like some corners are being cut, but come on plastic tees, how much must that be saving £3? Did you go for the boost controller too?

ps. Look out for your VAT bill from DHL!!!

Anonymous

I know, I can't wait until that lovely letter arrives on my doorstep...   s:( :( s:(  

I got the Profec as my boost controller, did you get that as well or the manual option?

TommyD

I went for the manual boost control. Does the profec give you variable control instead of the 2 settings with the manual?

Anonymous

Yup. After hearing about Sean's, I don't think there's a lot the Profec can't do...!

TommyD

Just seen this. May be useful to see the changes to parts in pics. These are identical to what I have.
http://www.midsouthspyders.com/greddy.htm

markiii

yep you have trhe old style kit then
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"The manufacturing of some parts leaves much to be desired, especially the air deflector for the intercooler: It's scratched to buggery, and is not even cut straight (and all the edges are razor sharp!). It looks like they let the work experience kid have a go at making this at 4:30pm on a Friday.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

what's funny (or sad, don't know which) is that he isn't even exagerating one bit. this really is how it looks.

Tags: