Leaky Roof!

Started by Anonymous, August 17, 2003, 20:32

Anonymous

I noticed mine right away and got away with just using a powerfull hair dryer (fanx sis!)... dried it in about 5 mins and now there is no trace of it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"Oh it could be that you slam the roof down like when you meet me and craige, you seamed to unclip it and push back as hard as you could and it still didnt click down LOL me and craige when ooowwww, looked very agressive LOL well you where lost   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Me and buster actually thought you might have an automatic hood Kris, one minute it was up, the next down...with a huge helping force of your arm   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Hey, now you will be able to drive on the motorway with no bloody excuse for the roof up with your new door ice scraper thingies!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Me and buster actually thought you might have an automatic hood Kris, one minute it was up, the next down...with a huge helping force of your arm   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Hey, now you will be able to drive on the motorway with no bloody excuse for the roof up with your new door ice scraper thingies!

I dont remember this at all!   s:? :? s:?  

The only reason this would haev happened was if the roof was warm and it went down easy... i dont usually slam the roof (cos thats bad!)   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Tem"Any tips on how getting the stain off the seat? Now it looks I've peed on it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Will normal interior shampoo get rid of it..?

I use Autoglym upholstery cleaner. I couldn't stand that "just pee'd" look.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Good stuff.

DP

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem on with mine 2, water leaks in and the seats end up soaked!

Does it make any difference if you park facing down hill or up hill?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "predator_etal"I'm having the same problem on with mine 2, water leaks in and the seats end up soaked!

Does it make any difference if you park facing down hill or up hill?
I park both ways on a hill and don't suffer any issues with water getting in.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Hi

Can the rubbers above the drivers and passenger side windows be replaced?

If so how easy is it?

Two's Company

Yes they can be replaced separately, I don't know how difficult it is.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I have a few trickles of water coming in from the seal near the Mongos in the corner.  I've bought some Einzett Gummifledge to put on the seals when I get around to it.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Two's Company"Yes they can be replaced separately, I don't know how difficult it is.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

i dont think its difficult, they did mine in 1/2hr

Quote from: "Two's Company"I've bought some Einzett Gummifledge to put on the seals when I get around to it.

you what  s:?: :?: s:?:  

whats that
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Two's Company

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Two's Company"Yes they can be replaced separately, I don't know how difficult it is.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

i dont think its difficult, they did mine in 1/2hr

Quote from: "Two's Company"I've bought some Einzett Gummifledge to put on the seals when I get around to it.

you what  s:?: :?: s:?:  

whats that

Keeps the seals supple.  More info here

m http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductD ... uctID=9945 m

Anonymous

Hi

I have just managed to get Hilton garage in derby to pay £252 for the 4 weather strips on the roof of my roadster   s:P :P s:P   Hopefully this will stop the leak!

Anonymous

Following on from the leaky roof scenario........been a while since I used the compartments behind the seats so last weekend I was going away and went to put some stuff in and they are full of water! Great! I dried them out but it was the heaviest rain for a long time and they quickly filled up again. Wasn't obvious where it had come from though. After a nice day today with my roof down so it could dry it out I could see a pool of water just inside the gap where the foldy part of the roof goes in when you open it. I got it all out but noticed with the roof up there appears to be a gap so water will go straight back in next time it rains, any ideas? There seems to be a gap on both sides. Is water designed to go in here and drain out somehow and maybe the drain hole is blocked?????

aaronjb

Correct, the drain hole is blocked..

m http://www.euroroadster.com/articles/Sh ... nHoles.xml m
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Nice one thanks a lot for that. I thought I'd found my first fault with my Toyota then! I like my car again!

Two's Company

Quote from: "predator_etal"Hi

I have just managed to get Hilton garage in derby to pay £252 for the 4 weather strips on the roof of my roadster   s:P :P s:P   Hopefully this will stop the leak!

Did you get this done?  The garage have ordered the 2 corner strips for me but I'm a bit worried after the garage phoned me and said they had never replaced them before so wanted it for the day.   s:? :? s:?  

I don't want them practicing on my car and have since decided to get the extended warranty.  Having looked at the policy it looks like the roof is covered but could it be excluded as a wear and tear item?  

I'm tempted to leave it and see if the seals continue to wear.

Anonymous

Hi

Yeah I had the roof seals/rubbers replaced and so far no leaks even when washing with jet wash   s:P :P s:P  

It only took a few hours too!

Tags: