Useful Tip

Started by Anonymous, August 18, 2003, 18:58

Anonymous

This is something I picked up from Spyderchat a while back. When you fisrt get your 2, you may notive that the rear view mirror is almost in the centre of the windscreen and quite obstructive whilst driving. The mounting on the windscreen is a ball joint arrangement so you can rotate the whole arm upwards and then readjust the angle of the mirror. The net result is a mirror towards the top of the screen rather than the middle.

Anonymous

Its surprising how many people dont know this, i know i didnt till my first meet!

Slacey

Yeah, took me a good while to notice this too...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

It is an excellent one, I learnt it at the same time as Kris.

Up until then I had to duck at corners to see under it.

Jap GT300

How could i have missed this?

Anonymous

Ooooohhhhhh.....me not know that. But then again, being the right short arse I am, it doesn't make that much difference to me!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

What a coincidence!  I noticed this last week when I put my club sticker on the windscreen.

It has helped me as the mirror was obscuring my view a bit!

--H--

Anonymous

oh yeah nice one well spotted   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

dancarbon

Wow!

Moved the mirror this morning, extra inch of windscreen isn't a big difference but now it looks over the wind protector rather than through it - tops!  s:D :D s:D
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

I drove past someone on the motorway on wednesday in an 03... looked for a club sticker in the window and all i could see was his mirror half way down his screen... i wish i could have just pointed to it or something, but alas, he was another one that just blanked me completely...   s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

He probably didnt see you...the mirror thing.

Anonymous

Nice tip errr my 03 mirror was realy stiff and whilst trying to turn it i er broke a bit off of the ball joint and as i slipped with the force my nail ripped through the middle of my windscreen sticker destroying it  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  I wish i had not bothered with this one should it be ball breakingly stiff???

Slacey

Mine was quite stiff (fnarr!), but not as bad as yours!
Is it boken beyond repair (the mirror, not the sticker)?   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

I have got it back togther but the perfectionist in me will mean getting a new ball rod arm thingy i asume mr t can get little bits like this for me?

Slacey

Knowing the big T, they will probably only supply the mirror as a whole new unit. Worth checking, though.

Anonymous

The initial advice should have stated "hold on tight to the bit connected to the window when you move the mirror".

This way the disaster doesnt happen, it is very stiff   s:o :o s:o  

I bet you are more gutted about the sticker though eh   s:( :( s:(

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"Knowing the big T, they will probably only supply the mirror as a whole new unit. Worth checking, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had to buy the windshield and the frame to get the mirror  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Slacey"Knowing the big T, they will probably only supply the mirror as a whole new unit. Worth checking, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had to buy the windshield and the frame to get the mirror  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I'm waiting for the day when you need a whole new car because of something like this  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"
Quote from: "Tem"

I'm waiting for the day when you need a whole new car because of something like this  s:) :) s:)

Ummmm.. Peter   s:?: :?: s:?:

DaSpyda

Quote from: "petal_skipraider"I have got it back togther but the perfectionist in me will mean getting a new ball rod arm thingy i asume mr t can get little bits like this for me?

That should be covered under warranty, you know.

Anonymous

Do you think so ill be seeing the warranty man soon anyway due to poor stitching on the steering wheel, steering being off centre wich is realy anoying on straight roads and the useless handbrake that takes 9 clicks to start biteing!!!!!!!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   I think ill get the oil changed early too just for peace of mind (3000 miles)

Anonymous

Quote from: "petal_skipraider"steering being off centre wich is realy anoying on straight roads and the useless handbrake that takes 9 clicks to start biteing!!!!!!!
FYI these two things will not be covered under warranty normally, although you may be able to convince them, especially as you car has done under 10,000 miles.  I had to pay to have both these things done on mine when it was at about 12,000 miles.

--H--

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"
Quote from: "petal_skipraider"steering being off centre wich is realy anoying on straight roads and the useless handbrake that takes 9 clicks to start biteing!!!!!!!
FYI these two things will not be covered under warranty normally, although you may be able to convince them, especially as you car has done under 10,000 miles.  I had to pay to have both these things done on mine when it was at about 12,000 miles.

--H--

My steering wheel was of center and corrected under warranty. It was even a question on the satisfaction survey I received after 2 months or so.  As for the handbreak, I am surprised at how often this problem comes up. I dont have  problem with my handbreak. Never have. So it must be an adjustment thing.   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

In my old Nissan they used to tighten the handbrake every time they serviced it, as the cable stretched slowly over time.  After a service it barely went up 2 clicks.

Anonymous

My handbrake was tightened less than 10,000 miles ago, then it was one click and it was on tight.  Now it needs about four clicks to be on tight!

--H--

Tags: